On the guitar stories, I had a Rickenbacker 4003 bass that I purchased new back in 1997. I went on a 18hr drive there and back to Reading, PA to get it (am a big Rush fan and Geddy Lee, Chris Squire are my bass gods). I rarely used this bass (had a Fender bass that I sold a few years after getting the Ric, use a Warwick Corvette bass now).

So 6 years ago I put the Ric up for sale on Kijiji, seeing that these basses are not that readily available and vintage ones are valued much higher than when they are new I put the price in line with the going prices of them. A few interested parties then I had this one person that tried really hard to buy it for hundreds less than my asking price and he really, really tried to the point where he thought he could try to buy the bass for US listed pricing but in Canadian $$$$ (like a bass listed for US$1000 he wanted to pay me CAN$1k). I just got again really annoyed and practically told him off and finally I agree to lower the price down only like $50 if he wanted to buy otherwise bug off. Later I find out this guy was a reseller so he basically wanted to buy my bass for as low as possible and most likely he'll relist it FS and probably much higher than my listed selling price so once I found out this fact I told him to beat it.

Again on the flip side of this, another person inquires, shows up the next day at my place and tries it out in my basement. He also brought with him a 70 something 4001 bass (his would be valued much more than mine back then and even more now) to compare. Liked my also and whips out the full amount I wanted for my 4003 in cash and we had happy buyer and seller on their separate ways.

Very sad when that Ric left my house.

Attachments

• 20170210_162303_HDR.jpg
    20170210_162303_HDR.jpg
    989 KB · Views: 7
  • 20170216_144216.jpg
    20170216_144216.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
On the guitar stories, I had a Rickenbacker 4003 bass that I purchased new back in 1997. I went on a 18hr drive there and back to Reading, PA to get it (am a big Rush fan and Geddy Lee, Chris Squire are my bass gods). I rarely used this bass (had a Fender bass that I sold a few years after getting the Ric, use a Warwick Corvette bass now).

So 6 years ago I put the Ric up for sale on Kijiji, seeing that these basses are not that readily available and vintage ones are valued much higher than when they are new I put the price in line with the going prices of them. A few interested parties then I had this one person that tried really hard to buy it for hundreds less than my asking price and he really, really tried to the point where he thought he could try to buy the bass for US listed pricing but in Canadian $$$$ (like a bass listed for US$1000 he wanted to pay me CAN$1k). I just got again really annoyed and practically told him off and finally I agree to lower the price down only like $50 if he wanted to buy otherwise bug off. Later I find out this guy was a reseller so he basically wanted to buy my bass for as low as possible and most likely he'll relist it FS and probably much higher than my listed selling price so once I found out this fact I told him to beat it.

Again on the flip side of this, another person inquires, shows up the next day at my place and tries it out in my basement. He also brought with him a 70 something 4001 bass (his would be valued much more than mine back then and even more now) to compare. Liked my also and whips out the full amount I wanted for my 4003 in cash and we had happy buyer and seller on their separate ways.

Very sad when that Ric left my house.
Understand your pain. I have an early 60's B45 - 12 Gibson that I'm gonna be sad about when it leaves...:(

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
hi there I wanted to to say something about the mix up you had. you posted this 10 days and during that time until June 3rd, astrologically Mercury was going retrograde for 3 weeks. when that happens there is alot of confusion and weird stuff going on in people's lives. so just chalk it up to Mercury and hopefully it worked out after that. it's best not to sign anything or make plans until after the retrograde is over which ended on June 3rd. oh expect major mechanical breakdown including cars during the retrograde. this happens 4 times a year..good luck!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
The stupidity continues....................have a set of wheels FS (practically new used 2 months on my daily). Ad title and description mentions wheels FS but I did show a pic of the wheels with tires mounted and on the car (for the short time I was using them).

Can't count the # of times people DM me on either platform and ask if it includes tires........................if they read the ad thoroughly I'm sure their brain can properly process whether there are tires included (hint, the price I'm selling the wheels for I might as well give you both items for free then if tires are included).

The stupidity continues....................have a set of wheels FS (practically new used 2 months on my daily). Ad title and description mentions wheels FS but I did show a pic of the wheels with tires mounted and on the car (for the short time I was using them).

Can't count the # of times people DM me on either platform and ask if it includes tires........................if they read the ad thoroughly I'm sure their brain can properly process whether there are tires included (hint, the price I'm selling the wheels for I might as well give you both items for free then if tires are included).
I sell antiques on line for 5 months over the winter and seldom does anyone read the text. They just look at the pictures and assume whatever they feel like... lol...

More stupidity, this time on FB. 2 separate incidents of someone DM me with the message being (both similiar)........................."Hey, I need this item to fix my car"

So my DM back is usually.................."still listed so it's available you plan on buying it???" I then get a yes.....................then a few days go by I message back "so you still looking for this item I have????" Reply comes back as a yes. A week or two goes by I message back "so when are you planning on getting the item????" 1 person decides to leave the chat, the other one have heard nothing back.

Total time wasters.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.