This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Compromise on a left over 24 or order a 25?

I drove a 992 GTS manual and loved it, unfortunately I couldn't stomach trading both my V8s in on the car.

While the 911 doesn't have the exhaust sound it has some pretty nice induction noise which helps.

My problem with 911s now is that they are getting so expensive, much more so then Corvette's. I can't stomach spending Z06 money on a Carrera S or getting a GTS for the price of a fully loaded Z06.

I had 991.2 and didn't like it, the interior was awful. I really like what the 992 has done but unless you were lucky to buy one in 2020 or 2021 the pricing is just insane.

I've also been through about 13 cars in 3 years.

Reactions: KTJF and CamsC8
All great points, thanks for the detailed feedback, Camsc8! Then there’s always the GrandSport which continues to be rumoured to be coming out in the next couple months years!Im actually on a list for one at Cullen should they eventually come out with the GS!

Reactions: CamsC8 and ScottyR

I told my dealer that the second a GS is announced that I want to be #1 on the list. The ER and Z06 are just too much money for me but I love the looks of the wide body.

I’d likely jump at a Grand Sport too. I just prefer that body style over the Stingray and I don’t need the Z06 power. I picked up my new base Carrera in July. Owning a brand new 911 was a bucket list item for me, so I figured that I’d better get one before I was totally priced out of that market!

Attachments

• DB4FAF75-5AF7-435A-B560-FAB7E519184F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Good comments about pricing and its true that Porsche has become very expensive and more exclusive. The only reason I grabbed the Carrera T was because a family member hooked me up with his connections. Allocations are not easy to come by if you are not from the loyal brand purchasing history realm. It was fun to order, play with and experience but not for me. Loads of us have either owned or cross shopped the 911....

If there was a GS right now I'd be ordering it and I don't think we will see a GS until the C8 is about to move to the C9 generation correct? So at least 2-3 years away?

Reactions: ScottyR

Agreed. I think the Grand Sport will be the last variation of the C8 before the C9 arrives.

Most are both.
Well, that's not a great answer, but I'd trust the employees way more than enthusiasts. Even still, knowing how tight lipped GM is about upcoming products, I am still not convinced. To me it's still speculation.

Reactions: 1st Vette

Users who are viewing this thread