I drove a 992 GTS manual and loved it, unfortunately I couldn't stomach trading both my V8s in on the car.

While the 911 doesn't have the exhaust sound it has some pretty nice induction noise which helps.

My problem with 911s now is that they are getting so expensive, much more so then Corvette's. I can't stomach spending Z06 money on a Carrera S or getting a GTS for the price of a fully loaded Z06.

I had 991.2 and didn't like it, the interior was awful. I really like what the 992 has done but unless you were lucky to buy one in 2020 or 2021 the pricing is just insane.

I've also been through about 13 cars in 3 years.

Reactions: KTJF and CamsC8
The 911 is a precision scalpel. Porsche has engineered the 911 cockpit to be very functional...everything is where it should be and sight lines are not blocked etc. Everything is within your hands grasp. The car is down on power for my liking and even though I have the manual, I'm missing the V8 sound, torque and punch. Its a canyon carver that is fun to wring out for sure. Its also cost more than my former Z06. Very low production numbers and the Carrera Ts seem to still be in a bit of demand although I'll lose some on this one. But it was a fun 10k of use over 6 months. I'm mainly selling it as I've transferred to a new project site and I'm driving in construction mud, dirt etc. daily so I've added a daily that I can use instead.

The Z06. Can't deny its a killer car....has the sound on start up and when you push it but I found the car buzzy or droning a bit on the highway and to really get the power down you need to rev it past 6k often whereas I felt the C8 Stingray is much more pleasant around town. Instantly you can feel how much more stiffer the Z06 is over the C8 and I equate the Z06 tour mode to track mode in the Stingray with Z51 and mag ride. Its Stiff! Track car...hands down its awesome but on our roads and weekend GT use like I do, I prefer the Stingray. Looks the Z06 is much better being the widebody.

I'm considering the E-Ray as I love the widebody but just can;t get over the electrical whine of the car when pushing it etc. and I feel its pricing is higher than it should be compared to the Stingray. My mind is definitely not made up over that car and I'd like to experience one first if possible. Maybe my perceptions of it are wrong?

My plan is to wait it out this fall and see what happens with GM and their rates and dealios....In the meantime ordered my wife a new 25 Tahoe RST today. Lucky girl.
All great points, thanks for the detailed feedback, Camsc8! Then there’s always the GrandSport which continues to be rumoured to be coming out in the next couple months years!😂Im actually on a list for one at Cullen should they eventually come out with the GS!

Reactions: CamsC8 and ScottyR
All great points, thanks for the detailed feedback, Camsc8! Then there’s always the GrandSport which continues to be rumoured to be coming out in the next couple months years!😂Im actually on a list for one at Cullen should they eventually come out with the GS!

I told my dealer that the second a GS is announced that I want to be #1 on the list. The ER and Z06 are just too much money for me but I love the looks of the wide body.

I’d likely jump at a Grand Sport too. I just prefer that body style over the Stingray and I don’t need the Z06 power. I picked up my new base Carrera in July. Owning a brand new 911 was a bucket list item for me, so I figured that I’d better get one before I was totally priced out of that market!

Attachments

• DB4FAF75-5AF7-435A-B560-FAB7E519184F.jpeg
    DB4FAF75-5AF7-435A-B560-FAB7E519184F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Good comments about pricing and its true that Porsche has become very expensive and more exclusive. The only reason I grabbed the Carrera T was because a family member hooked me up with his connections. Allocations are not easy to come by if you are not from the loyal brand purchasing history realm. It was fun to order, play with and experience but not for me. Loads of us have either owned or cross shopped the 911....

If there was a GS right now I'd be ordering it and I don't think we will see a GS until the C8 is about to move to the C9 generation correct? So at least 2-3 years away?

Reactions: ScottyR
Good comments about pricing and its true that Porsche has become very expensive and more exclusive. The only reason I grabbed the Carrera T was because a family member hooked me up with his connections. Allocations are not easy to come by if you are not from the loyal brand purchasing history realm. It was fun to order, play with and experience but not for me. Loads of us have either owned or cross shopped the 911....

If there was a GS right now I'd be ordering it and I don't think we will see a GS until the C8 is about to move to the C9 generation correct? So at least 2-3 years away?

Agreed. I think the Grand Sport will be the last variation of the C8 before the C9 arrives.

Most are both.
Well, that's not a great answer, but I'd trust the employees way more than enthusiasts. Even still, knowing how tight lipped GM is about upcoming products, I am still not convinced. To me it's still speculation.

Reactions: 1st Vette

Users who are viewing this thread