This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Compromise on a left over 24 or order a 25?

Some interesting debates have occured since GM Canada announced the preferred pricing etc. I'm thinking about jumping back in the ring and have a spec in mind so I've scoured the country and can't find one. So, if you are like me and shopping around then its definitely compromising to get a deal.

Find me a left over 24 in:
Sea Wolf Grey
1LT Coupe
Z51 + Mag Ride
Adrenalin Red Interior w/red belts
Engine Lighting Pkg
Bright Red Calipers

This is a perfect example of where if someone is looking you may not find what you want. I'm seeing only a handful of Sea Wolf Grey but all have Black interiors and either no mag ride, Z51 or a combination that doesn't have both together. IF I decide to compromise the best deals I'm seeing are close to $10k off....but I can get a new 2025 ordered for $5k off....

I'd rather order exactly what I want and get a new 25.

$10K buy the 24.
$5K or less buy the car you want in a 25.

Its a year newer car as well so thats probably worth $3K more when you want to resell in a few years anyhow.

You’re worse than me !
Three C8’s and a 992 911 Carrera S since 2020 lol
You've had those?

My whore situation is as follows:
3 C8s:
2020 - guy bailed on his order and it was a 2LT with Z51 - no mag ride (VIN 049!)
2021 - I ordered a 1LT HTC with just mag ride
2023 - 70th Anniversary 3LT with Z51 and Mag Ride - awesome car...probably should have kept it
2024 - Z06 1LZ

2024 Carrera T in manual

Was the Z06 not as good as you thought it would be? For me I cant imagine being less than thrilled with one.

I see the pattern here. Once you go V8 you can never go back . I had a GT-R as my first sports car then traded it for a C6 ZR1. All V8s since then.

Reactions: DenisC8
Yes sir, 911S was manual. My Z06 is a keeper for now

Reactions: DenisC8 and CamsC8
Curious to know your thoughts on the 911 vs C8?

Curious to know your thoughts on the 911 vs C8?

The 911 is a precision scalpel. Porsche has engineered the 911 cockpit to be very functional...everything is where it should be and sight lines are not blocked etc. Everything is within your hands grasp. The car is down on power for my liking and even though I have the manual, I'm missing the V8 sound, torque and punch. Its a canyon carver that is fun to wring out for sure. Its also cost more than my former Z06. Very low production numbers and the Carrera Ts seem to still be in a bit of demand although I'll lose some on this one. But it was a fun 10k of use over 6 months. I'm mainly selling it as I've transferred to a new project site and I'm driving in construction mud, dirt etc. daily so I've added a daily that I can use instead.

The Z06. Can't deny its a killer car....has the sound on start up and when you push it but I found the car buzzy or droning a bit on the highway and to really get the power down you need to rev it past 6k often whereas I felt the C8 Stingray is much more pleasant around town. Instantly you can feel how much more stiffer the Z06 is over the C8 and I equate the Z06 tour mode to track mode in the Stingray with Z51 and mag ride. Its Stiff! Track car...hands down its awesome but on our roads and weekend GT use like I do, I prefer the Stingray. Looks the Z06 is much better being the widebody.

I'm considering the E-Ray as I love the widebody but just can;t get over the electrical whine of the car when pushing it etc. and I feel its pricing is higher than it should be compared to the Stingray. My mind is definitely not made up over that car and I'd like to experience one first if possible. Maybe my perceptions of it are wrong?

My plan is to wait it out this fall and see what happens with GM and their rates and dealios....In the meantime ordered my wife a new 25 Tahoe RST today. Lucky girl.

Attachments

• PXL_20240424_194753714 (1).jpg
    960.5 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240424_172500686.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240424_194738356 (1).jpg
    544 KB · Views: 0

Do yourself a favour and check out the E-Ray.
It seems to check all your boxes.

My Carrera S was a 2021 had it for 3 years and 11000km. Awesome car, cabin is very spacious with good sightlines 450hp around 3200lbs with a 7spd manual. Amazing handling and fast. I wanted the GT3 Touring, I was on a list for almost 3 years with no luck. Recently was lucky enough to get a Z06. Engine is amazing and am very happy with it . I only drive it on the weekends. It is always special to drive for me. The Z06 has more presence than the stingray, all the small differences add up. Widebody, wheels, exhaust sound, engine, are difference makers for me.

Users who are viewing this thread