Aug 4, 2012
Newmarket On
VetteCoins
Car
1975 stingray
Province
ON
Hey guys,

Been a while, project got put on hold due to ..... you know life LOL.

I purchased a Hyperco 330lb rear composite leaf from Ecklers when I started this. It came with the spring and an aluminum block, 8" bolts but no instructions.

Does the block go on top or bottom, I have it on bottom but car still too high. Measures 29 5/8" at the centre of the wheel well, I was hoping for 27ish. I have rolled it around the shop and even stood on the bumper to see if it would settle.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thx Jeff

Most of the ones I have seen have the aluminum block between the diff and the spring. Then there is a heat shield/cap under the spring. I am not saying this is what yours should be but that is what my memory is telling me. I have heard you have to give the back of the car a drop (like drop it off a floor jack - scary I know) to get it to settle. I have no practical experience with doing this though. The AIM shows the ride hieght at the rear wheel well should be about 27" (for a '72).
I would think your car would be the same.

Ride Height.jpg

Hope this helps.

T

Jeff...
I believe the aluminum block is to make up for the difference in thickness between the composite spring and the original multi-leaf spring. Thus should dictate that the spacer is located above the spring...
BUT isn't this going to make your car sit higher than it already is???
Do you have a picture?

Graham

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread