Apr 3, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
Waitlisted 2023 C8
Province
ON
Just got my baby back from the shop and I’m convinced that colour-matching brake calipers should be an available option. Pics don’t do it justice…should have taken pics in the sun…but the orange brakes just POP! Shout out to Midwest Calipers in east end Toronto…fantastic job.

Attachments

• IMG_2550.jpeg
    IMG_2550.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2551.jpeg
    IMG_2551.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I have dealt with Midwest in the past.
I have seen nothing but good professional work from them.

I had a Viper rear brake project, that was far less expensive than ordering the ready made units from the USA.

They removed from the car. Then stripped and de-gassed the calipers, then powdercoated. They offered to do the parking brake as well but I thought making them orange was too much...instead, they did them matt black and that makes a difference...totally unnoticable now. Oh, and while they were at it, they replaced my brake pads with ceramics.

I have a brand new set of C8 black Z51 calipers to sell if someone doesn't want their car in the shop while calipers are getting painted then could sell theirs
Did you upgrade to an aftermarket brake kit? I am thinking about upgrading my non-z51 to either a z51 kit or just go aftermarket.

They needed the car for about a week...apparently, stripping and de-gassing the calipers, then the powdercoating, takes time. As far as cost goes, not really my place to provide quotes :). Suggest you contact them directly, very good people and great to work with!

Reactions: HappyCamper

Users who are viewing this thread