Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Gauging interest in a feature that I've yet to see in the wild.

Collaborative threads. Essentially give the Thread starter the ability to mark a thread as collab and nominate collaborators. Collaborators will have identical permissions meaning everyone can edit the first post (and subsequent posts in same thread). Thought it might be useful for event threads as I often see folks asking OP to make revisions etc. Sharing responsibility is caring or so they say.

I don't think that is ok . If someone wants to question or add to the thread starter then just make a new post. Only the OP or staff can edit a post. It's like leaving the keys to your Vette in the car and anyone can try it out.

I don't think that is ok . If someone wants to question or add to the thread starter then just make a new post. Only the OP or staff can edit a post. It's like leaving the keys to your Vette in the car and anyone can try it out.
If I read what Nik said correctly Michael, the OP only nominates who he wants to be able to assist him with editing a post. Much like only letting the people drive your Vette that you give permission to.... Basically, only the people you trust to drive it, or in this case edit it.

• Wow
Reactions: YFCvii
If I read what Nik said correctly Michael, the OP only nominates who he wants to be able to assist him with editing a post. Much like only letting the people drive your Vette that you give permission to.... Basically, only the people you trust to drive it, or in this case edit it.

That's right it would be an option.

Yes I hear 'ya Rruuff , but I still don't think it is of much value . Unless it is a closed thread , then editing can be noticed . But say after a bunch of posts are added over a period of time then not many if anyone ever really goes back to read the first post in a thread, they read the latest comments only .

Yes I hear 'ya Rruuff , but I still don't think it is of much value . Unless it is a closed thread , then editing can be noticed . But say after a bunch of posts are added over a period of time then not many if anyone ever really goes back to read the first post in a thread, they read the latest comments only .

That's fair, I won't disagree that many won't go back to the first post. Only exception is when the OP keeps the first post as the master post. The functionality would actually extend to all subsequent posts by the thread owner btw so not necessarily the first post.

This feature will be good for guys working together organizing cruise and meets.

Can’t see any down side for a few organizers to be able to edit or shuffle things around on their thread.
Rocky Mountain Cruise guys would probably like the feature.

Love the idea Nik! We usually have two or more people working together on events so this is ideal. Willing to try it out and see how it works.

Reactions: Nik

Users who are viewing this thread