Good evening Colin,

My son's reading tests this week were 100, 80, 80, 100 and 100%. Spelling was also 10/10 plus the bonus word. The weather was good and I knocked off running 1 mile with a 5:08 pace. I'm heading into GP to go running with the club there on Sunday. I didn't think this day could get any better and now looking at this forum I found out that it could!

Congratualtions Colin on a mind-bender of a new ride and again one has to tip their hat to Manny, Arun and crew for another superb, quality build!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts after the 1st drive! You should real time stream it if you can!!!!

Cheers,

Garry

Congrats to the lad for his reading and spelling skills -- taking after his Dad I suspect ......Give him a pat on the back from us all.

Yes Manny and his gang put a smile on my face and I haven't even driven it home yet. I suspect by the time I get home I'll have a grin on my face that will last a week.......EEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAW:D:D

Actually I'll be dodging snow, wet and salt tomorrow trying to get home unscathed......I may get the hose out to have a go underneath but we'll see.

Won't be long b4 long hot summer days --- even spring is in the air (somewhere) ..... :rofl:

Thanks Garry -- I'm very stoked with what the boys at Dasilva Motorsports have done for me and my 'vette.

Cheers

Colin.

Hi everyone , just wanted to say what a great pleasure it is for all of us here @ Dasilva Motorsports to build these cars for all of you .

Colin is nothing short of a great friend and supporter of what we do , so it was a blast to have all the members of our great forum play along in the "Mystery Build"

At the end of the day , its the smile and reaction of shear joy that we see in everyone that makes all that we do special :canada:

I can not thank people like Colin enough , who have been there all along to support and encourage us .

I personally have been truly blessed to have such a fantastic group of friends :D

Once again congrats Colin on your very nice supercharger upgrade :canada:

After appearing to be out cruizing my new supercharged joy all day I'll say actually after picking up my car from Manny this morning at 10am, I brought it home and put her to bed again. It wasn't the best day to be cruising due to salty roads so I gently drove home with cold, hard , summer tires ( you all know how they work in the cold) and got busy with many other things.
\Only now have I logged into our forum to catch up on things......:D

.....and boy I have some catching up to do.

-- btw Manny, the car cruises perfectly, idles perfectly just the way it did b4 S/charging, altho there is the slight Whirrrrr and hint of a whine -- at least at the low rpm's I was restricted to on the way thru town to home/

It's there, but you have to listen for it. I can well imagine it whines more in the upper rpm ranges especially when you hit the hammer hard. :coolgleam:

The supercharging seems to have given the exhaust a killer character: Not so much louder but more throaty and deep. I must say I really like it -- b4 was really nice -- now it's just perfect.........breathing thru the LG street system you fitted last year.

You've absolutely nailed it for me. Now I'll have to be very careful driving this car while learning what I can and cannot do.
It's going to be a fun learning experience I'm sure, and a fun summer.

------------------------

Manny, Wow, at the risk of being emotional I'll say that the pleasure you talk of is as much ours as your customers, friends and admirers of Corvettes.
Because of your love for corvettes, patience, and care for fellow 'vette owners

I have to say it's a treat for me personally, and indeed everyone in general who I've talked to, to visit your facility, to chat and learn, and to benefit from your expertise while sitting back and watching in amazement while you do your magic.

I'd go further and say that the support team you have amassed to get the job done, is unmatched. What you've all done with Dasilva Motorsports is to be commended.

A heartfelt thanks for all you do for us, the related sports some are involved with, and also the willingness and sheer joy you show for looking after your customers and their cars.

Indeed I'm happy to a be associated with you as a customer and friend.

Once again I'll say thank you Manny and thank you to your team. You're all the best and I wish you all the luck you deserve.
icon14.gif

Cheers,
Colin.

Last edited:
Thanks HLN - Yeah I stepped up with the price of admission but compared to what magic was done to the car and for me, that was the easy part.
I just sat back and watched it unfold and still find it unbelievable.

Another testimonial to Manny's magic at Dasilva Motorsports.

He takes already excellent cars and makes them unbelievable for we lucky drivers.

It's an old expression but I'll say it anyway: If this is just a dream, don't anyone wake me up.:D

Ya know what makes it real special? Knowing I can share this experience with all of you and to know that many of you have had the same experience already and many more will down the road.

Thanks for all the kinds words but I'm only a beneficiary. Pin the medal on Manny's chest. He is the man.

Colin.

All i can say is congrats and now im just feeling alittle left out and behind with all that is possible with our vettes maybe in the future if i could save some cheddar from my allowance (have a talk with the warden and get a increase) maybe me too i would be on this wall of fame .

All i can say is congrats and now im just feeling alittle left out and behind with all that is possible with our vettes maybe in the future if i could save some cheddar from my allowance (have a talk with the warden and get a increase) maybe me too i would be on this wall of fame .

TNX, but why wait? Just rob a bank like I did.:rofl:

C.

Don't feel left out Ryan. When the time comes and you're ready, you'll have more than enough help/advice from this forum.:thumbup: Until then...keep saving.;)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

skipped buying a coffee a Tims today>> savings has begun:coolgleam:

LOL Ryan, No Tim's -- that'll be hard and quite a sacrifice.........no less worth it tho .... :D

.........if the freakin' snow doesn't stop then none of us will be driving our 'vettes -- or maybe so : do they make snows for the 'vette?

I'll have to talk to my tire guy.

Manny -- I heard you can buy snow tires for 'vettes. -- you must bethinking of stocking some...:canada:

No chance to 'test' the newfound power yet -- it's too cold, the tires are too hard, and the streets are too dirty yet ...... Maybe by August I'll have a more favourable report.

Wonder how the 'nannies' would work with the snows? -- I can't imagine too well......:D

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread