Wow, today is the day, after waiting for some decent weather and temps, to get my Dashtronix install, along with some special Manny-picked plug wires.

Looking forward to visiting the shop again -- cam in hand of course. :D

Tho cooler first thing this morning, it should be a nice day for a drive.:driving:

C.

Colin.

You just supercharged the car, and now you're getting a cam installed as well? Congrats! Is that for more power, or strictly something that can handle the extra ponies? Or, are you just looking to pair that exhaust with some chop/rumble?

Colin.

You just supercharged the car, and now you're getting a cam installed as well? Congrats! Is that for more power, or strictly something that can handle the extra ponies? Or, are you just looking to pair that exhaust with some chop/rumble?

WHAT??!!!!:confused:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

I wish -- Sorry guys I said cam but meant camera -- but between you 2 and me I've arranged for Manny and the boys to install an Alky Control Meth. Injecton Kit (same as Garry's) in a couple weeks. It's on order and should be in soon and installed within 2 - 3 weeks.
According to Arun (Manny's tuner genius and racer) it may be good for as much as 100 hp -- I think a more conservative estimate might be closer to 50 but we'll see after tuning and a series of followup dynos.
So why more power? Just Cuz.:D

Separate thread on my visit to Manny's today at which I met the gang again including a few chats with Arun -- Dasilva Motorsports' master tuner, Dave (lead mechanic), Andrew, Diako, and Rob......Always a pleasure seeing and chatting with the crew.
An unexpected meeting was with our friend and fellow 'vette lover Dave (SMRSLD) from Wasaga Beach who was picking up his 'vette after winter storage. Very cool to bump into him after a long winter sabbatical. We chatted for a while and he assured me that he and son Colin along with some buddies from his 'vette club will attend the COPING event in May (25) -- so we're looking forward to that get together.
Dave and his son came all the way down last April (13) to see Duff's Search and REscue team in a C130 Hercules visit at Brantford airport ..

Great visit Manny -- and very productive. Love the Dashtronix monitor feed to the HUD ..... works like a charm and give cool continuous AFR and Boost readings.

I'll post all the pics of the visit in a separate thread but here's one of Dave (SMRSLD) with his beauty C5 rag that I snapped b4 he had to leave for home.

Great to see you Dave -- Hope the ride home was pleasant and we're all looking forward to hooking up at the COPING event in May and the June meet up your way in June......

Cheers,
Colin.

OK no fair. If Colin gets a new cam then I want one too!

At the rate the weeather is cooperating I might even be able to get the Bowtie Cold Fusion option installed as well...........!

Cheers,

Garry

Hittin the ol' 600 rwhp mark? That is awe-some! Love the posts! Keep them coming. It really seems like summer is on it's way now.

600 or there abouts should be it for decent control and stock internals (so Manny and Arun tells me) so no more without forged bits and pieces.

OK no fair. If Colin gets a new cam then I want one too!

At the rate the weather is cooperating I might even be able to get the Bowtie Cold Fusion option installed as well...........!

Cheers,

Garry

No worries Garry -- I'm not getting anywhere close to your monster's power...with its forged internals and and stouter tune you're safe bro------------------------------------------- for now.;)

-- that "bowtie cold fusion option" does sound enticing tho..... :D

I talked to Manny yesterday about a High Octane Nano-Splitter that should be wild on my LS3 -- Bit out of my price range at the moment but definitely on the 'list' ... :coolgleam:

C.

Good morning Colin,

I know you're right Colin and while it goes back to numbers and all, another 6 rwhp would have been a pretty nice milestone to achieve. But I'm sure if it could have been done and safely they would have done so.

But I know Arun said that there might have been a cammin goption if it had been discussed earlier. Maybe in a year or two I'll feel like new seat covers??

Nano-bots you say........maybe I should leave the car there for a while longer........

Cheers,

Garry

I'm going to have to stay away from you Colin. You're a bad influence...and I'm a weak individual.:D

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

LOL, no worries Justin -- let's get together sometime; we'll sit down have a Timmies and chat -- have a look at the cars, I promise not to get carried away and be as good an influence as I can be :D

(resistance is futile -- the Borg)

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread