Yeah thought it was a brilliantly made video with a nice passionate commentary by the owner. Killer scenery and I'm sure if the cops over there got to watch it they'll retroactively add points on his license. :)

Reactions: theboss
Nice video and beautiful car.

Just one problem..... There is no such thing as a 1983 Corvette. Okay, if you seriously want to argue about it then fine, there is ONE, and this is not it.

I agree with jeremiad, only a 83 exists in the museum. Dang , my slow internet doesn't allow me to watch the video. I just can see still pics here and there plus choppy sound catching a few words. But what I can make out is that white car is like mine , a 1982. But emblems are missing and no front side lights. What id's the car as a 82 from what I can see is the horn cap , 80 and 81 are different, and that is like my 82. So that baby is a crossfire. Plus I seen one center cap on the back wheel and it looks like a 82 cap, not 80-81 . Does it show the console shifter anywhere in the video ? only 82 had the 4 speed auto.

It is an automatic, although they don't really show enough of the shifter to see if there is an OD. How about this?

screenshot.jpg

In another very brief interior shot, I was able to capture the rest of the badge that indicates it is an L-83, which is a crossfire engine.

Last edited:
thanks 4 the shot jeremiad . those specs are right for the xfire , but 82's never had a plate like that on the console. Is that a export thing or maybe 84's had one and somebody glued one on. ??? car looks not right without the crossflags on the front and side emblems stripped. Also I think I caught a glimpse of a badge added between the tail lights instead of the Corvette script ? so hard for me to see much as I am handicapped watching this.

The 84 never had a plaque either. I don't remember when they stopped doing that, somewhere around 74-76, I think. You can still buy the plaques to put into whatever you want though. It's clear that he has customized an 82 to get the look that he wants. It is a badge that is between the LED tail lights which are also not stock. He did say that he removed the emblems, logos, and stripes (and obviously the side markers) to make a very clean looking shape.

I guess it's important to note that the guy never does tell us what year the car is, so technically he is not lying. The error would lie in the person who posted the video and made that mistake in the title. Not really a big deal I guess, it just bugged me. lol.

I've spent too much time picking this video apart and now that I've watched it five or six times, I'm going to stop complaining about it and give proper kudos. It is a well put together video with some beautiful scenery and roads, nice music and transitions. It really is a great video and a beautiful car that this guy obviously has a lot of love for. Good for him, and thanks for posting it up Nik!

Reactions: Nik
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.