Power User
Aug 20, 2014
toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2015 C7 Z51 M7
Province
ON
I have a 2015 Z51 M7 with the following mods: Haltech carbon cai, ARH mid length high flow catted headers, B&B bullet exhaust with NPP deleted and actuators removed, pulled fuse #48, Borla catless x-pipe. All was fine until I installed the Borla x-pipe and since then, the CEL has come on. The dealer cleared it and said the scanner showed codes P2096, 2097, 2098 and 2099, all having to do with the catalyst fuel trim low and high limit. He checked all sensors and they are working fine. Code 2097 keeps appearing. Does anyone else have this issue and how did you resolve it? The car works well otherwise and other then the CEL being on, nothing else is problematic. Any useful input would be appreciated.

I have a 2015 Z51 M7 with the following mods: Haltech carbon cai, ARH mid length high flow catted headers, B&B bullet exhaust with NPP deleted and actuators removed, pulled fuse #48, Borla catless x-pipe. All was fine until I installed the Borla x-pipe and since then, the CEL has come on. The dealer cleared it and said the scanner showed codes P2096, 2097, 2098 and 2099, all having to do with the catalyst fuel trim low and high limit. He checked all sensors and they are working fine. Code 2097 keeps appearing. Does anyone else have this issue and how did you resolve it? The car works well otherwise and other then the CEL being on, nothing else is problematic. Any useful input would be appreciated.

Is your car tuned?

Not tuned. Something I have to consider, although concerned about the warrant.

You're going to have to tune it in order to get your Vette to stop throwing codes and to operate at an optimum level with your given mods.
I really can't see a tune voiding your warranty any more than the bolt ons that you already have. That said I'm not a GM dealership. Usually ANY dealership will wash their hands of a car with modifications, and will quickly point the blame at the mods for causing problems with your car even if the problem you are having is completely unrelated. (ie) blaming your intake for a faulty wheel bearing) It happens.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I installed the mods because they each indicated that a tune was not necessary. It may be that together, they are upsetting the engine management system. I have an appointment with Manny for a tune. Yes, he also said that running the car too lean could cause long term problems. I guess once you go all in there is no turning back. At least I know the car will perform at optimum conditions. Stay tuned ..... no pun intended.:D

While your misfortune Tyho this should be an interesting thread. You have modified your car with very popular upgrades however it leaves you wondering that "together (the mods) they are upsetting the engine management system". So it will be interesting for you to see what the effect of those changes have made and what a tune will do to harmonize the package.

I look forward to hearing more about this. Very interesting.

Good luck.:thumbs:

Reactions: LSXtasy
So I had Manny and Dave do their thing. The car is tuned, AFM deleted along with the skip 1 - 4. The motor seems to sound smoother and added another 40 hp at the wheels for 428 hp, about 515 at the motor. this is a significant jump since the stock z51 is rated at 465 at the motor and averages about 398 at the wheels. We couldn't get before tune data because the car was running lean, so I don't really know what the mods added before the tune. Quite pleased with the results. DaSilva did a nice job, as usual. Manny posted the results under a separate thread for those that are interested in the numbers.

Reactions: LSXtasy
So I had Manny and Dave do their thing. The car is tuned, AFM deleted along with the skip 1 - 4. The motor seems to sound smoother and added another 40 hp at the wheels for 428 hp, about 515 at the motor. this is a significant jump since the stock z51 is rated at 465 at the motor and averages about 398 at the wheels. We couldn't get before tune data because the car was running lean, so I don't really know what the mods added before the tune. Quite pleased with the results. DaSilva did a nice job, as usual. Manny posted the results under a separate thread for those that are interested in the numbers.

Your C7 is gorgeous and sounded fantastic today on the dyno! An extra 40 rwhp is nothing to sneeze at.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread