ronlea

Casual User
Aug 3, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
2005 Corvette
Clutch pedal spring broke but half still intact. Clutch works ok but have read some guys remove completely. I have bought new spring . how hard to install Thanks ronlea

Clutch pedal spring broke but half still intact. Clutch works ok but have read some guys remove completely. I have bought new spring . how hard to install Thanks ronlea
The spring is hard to replace because there is such little room to work. On most vettes its under the dash. If the clutch is hydraulic, which most are, a spring is not mandatory as long as there is no air in the line.

Weird, this is the second clutch pedal return spring breaking I have heard about this week. Not sure on a C6 just how hard it is to get at it but Shark is right not much room to work under there.

Maybe someone on the site has the C6 GM Manual that would give you at least an idea of where the attachment points are.

Good luck.

The spring is hard to replace because there is such little room to work. On most vettes its under the dash. If the clutch is hydraulic, which most are, a spring is not mandatory as long as there is no air in the line.
Thanks going to try myself before I think of taking to dealer

Weird, this is the second clutch pedal return spring breaking I have heard about this week. Not sure on a C6 just how hard it is to get at it but Shark is right not much room to work under there.

Maybe someone on the site has the C6 GM Manual that would give you at least an idea of where the attachment points are.

Good luck.
Thanks i read it is very common . Going to try myself elf before I go to dealer

Hi just replaced mine was fairly easy cost was $15 at G.M. dealer. Feels like butter now will have to get use to the new feel. A lot better

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.