20180510_200128[1].jpg

Back cover on finally!! Yes I installed the screws lol.

20180510_200222[1].jpg

The aluminum foil tape, on the right was used, as the metal cover was missing when I took it apart. It seems I wasn't the 1st one in here. Odometer and Light sensor lens covers given a cleaning also. Yeah that's of road miles on the ole blue bullet. Still running strong tho. Gonna give it the 383 stroker treatment soon I think. Talk to my old buddies at Bond Mechanical where I was a machinist for a while. Still tho... for 31 years old. Not all THAT bad I guess. But I also have a 95 Aerostar thats got 225,000 kms. So in retrospect, I guess its not that bad.....dunno.....

20180510_210826[1].jpg

The money shot!!!
After reconnecting the battery, crossing fingers, toes, testis, and nostril hairs, I turned the key.
All segments came back, and computer has to re-learn its parameters as the battery was disconnected. A few minutes driving will clear that up nicely. All computer calculations are lost and reset back to default. Thats why I got 14 KMS on trip and 32 l/100 km....I hope lol.

Now on to my CF Top!!! I just got the header weatherstripping, so its all over but the cryn lol.

Glad I got my dash back!!!!

Reactions: ddgermann
Wow. Impressed is an understatement Darrell. My comprehension of how you, or anyone, can accomplish what looks like a gigantic maze of "Oops. Guess I shouldn't have done that" looking for a place to happen is..... well.... It's way beyond my comprehension. That board reminds me of the first time I tried to fathom a Rubik's Cube. Five exasperating minutes until I figured it out. Those little colour squares peel off and if you're carefull. you just stick them back on where you need to.... People like me are lucky there are people like you out there man.... :thumbs:

Reactions: vintageracer
Wow. Impressed is an understatement Darrell. My comprehension of how you, or anyone, can accomplish what looks like a gigantic maze of "Oops. Guess I shouldn't have done that" looking for a place to happen is..... well.... It's way beyond my comprehension. That board reminds me of the first time I tried to fathom a Rubik's Cube. Five exasperating minutes until I figured it out. Those little colour squares peel off and if you're carefull. you just stick them back on where you need to.... People like me are lucky there are people like you out there man.... :thumbs:
Thanks so much Eric! Your too kind. But hey...I will take a compliment when ones handed out!! TYVM!!
Thats funny about the cubes....I thought I was the only one with that solution lol!!
I hope the post helps someone one day!!

I just did the header weatherstripping
20180511_140619[1].jpg
.....wow. UUUUGGGGLLLLYYYYYYY!

View attachment 16618
The money shot!!!
After reconnecting the battery, crossing fingers, toes, testis, and nostril hairs, I turned the key.
All segments came back, and computer has to re-learn its parameters as the battery was disconnected. A few minutes driving will clear that up nicely. All computer calculations are lost and reset back to default. Thats why I got 14 KMS on trip and 32 l/100 km....I hope lol.

Now on to my CF Top!!! I just got the header weatherstripping, so its all over but the cryn lol.

Glad I got my dash back!!!!

Very nice write up and great job, looks good. I also dealt with Bryan at Batee...great guy to deal with and was able to redo my cluster and fix a bad ground on the #1 pin between the 2 layers that was shorting out the cluster when using the turn signals...all new and looks great , just have to reinstall the dash trim and off to the seats..

Attachments

• 3DB6BA39-5E3D-4C7F-A17F-D8DE8011328A.jpeg
    3DB6BA39-5E3D-4C7F-A17F-D8DE8011328A.jpeg
    460.7 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread