CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
I'm impressed by Corvette Central's clear corners. They seem to blend in rather nicely with the headlight housings, the GS vents, the driving lights, and the wheels.
Checked on the illumination last evening and they do shine orange at the front and red in the rear as required by law. (with the corresponding leds purchased).

Gettin' lots of good comments on them. What do you think?:D

C.
mini-IMG_0008.jpg
mini-IMG_0009.jpg
mini-IMG_0010.jpg
mini-IMG_0007.jpg
mini-IMG_0006.jpg
mini-IMG_0005.jpg
mini-IMG_0004.jpg
mini-IMG_0003.jpg
mini-IMG_0002.jpg
mini-IMG_0001.jpg

That looks terrible! What, do I have to offer positive comments on everything?

Okay, okay.....I almost got through that with a straight face. Those look really nice Colin. Definitely a worth while upgrade. I would like to see what they look like at night when the lights are on. Those make me want to upgrade my car to clear corners!

That looks terrible! What, do I have to offer positive comments on everything?

Okay, okay.....I almost got through that with a straight face. Those look really nice Colin. Definitely a worth while upgrade. I would like to see what they look like at night when the lights are on. Those make me want to upgrade my car to clear corners!

hahahaha, Riley -- we know you only too well.
I thought it was a nice touch too. Fairly simple but effective. Probably would depend on body colour but I think would look nice with any colour.
I've have them on Silver and various shades of red b4 (other brands) and liked them and find them quite striking on the GS.

Here's the link for when you want to upgrade.

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50000050h~Z5Z5Z539263~P99.95~~~~S3GT0REIWV17411359332a~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000050H

Cheers,
C.

Looks good Colin. Bet they would almost disappear on my car. Going to have to look into them for the next free shipping. How long did it take for the install, and are the leds listed with them?
Rob

Thanks Rob. They are subtle but effective. They'd look good on yours too, no worries.
Install was easy -- almost too easy: I pried the small ends out first and the other end popped out too. Didn't have to bother with the front wheel well liners or the rear trunk liners to access. (as was shown on Corvette Central sight-- Tech Blog) -- Install time (for me) was about 5 minutes per corner. Should you need to access behind, count on longer install times.

Yes you just missed the free shipping but it should be back soon so not long to wait.
The bulbs are listed there somewhere too but I talked to the tech people to get the lowdown on the proper leds and had them added to my order.

Price was reasonable at $275 including 4 lenses, leds (2 red and 2 orange), and GST. Free shipping helped.

I've just remembered what Riley asked -- nighttime shots -- so I'll snap a couple of it in garage for now and post them for you guys.
Cheers, and glad you like 'em.:D

Colin.

Love that look Colin, wondering how it would look on white.

White cars are the best ones to put clear corners on in my opinion!!

Bet it would look awesome too on white. The OEM orange and red markers are very noticeable.

On my Crystal red, the front orange markers looked out of place and the rear OEM red markers contrasted with the paint. Too noticeable for me.

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread