10410183_10152392455671546_2790638459902824669_n.jpg

That is what Toronto Airspace looks like at rush hour. And yes there is an aviation rush hour at major centers.
Yup... Been there done that. Left Pearson on Air ClusterFk for Calgary a number of years ago... 30 minutes out, I was aware of a strange sound and was having eardrum issues... Captain came on all apologetic and advised that they were unable to sustain cabin pressure and would be returning to Pearson at low altitude. Got to Pearson and he came on again and advised they wouldn't let him land and we would have to circle around for a while. An hour later, we made our approach and landed. They told us they were going to fix the problem right away and we would be off the ground soon. Two hours later, we boarded and took off. Woohoo. 30 minutes later 'Capitain Bad News' comes on and tells us same problem and we are turning around. And yes... Another hour circling Pearson before we could land and then we were advised that they were going to junk that airplane and get us another one so take all your carry on with you. Fully expecting them to offer meal and bar vouchers, I inquired and got the big Sorry... No deal. Two hours later, they told us at our gate that the plane was an antique L 1011 TriStar that had been in storage and due to Transport Canada safety it had to be fully stocked with food and all the other incidentals that we didn't really need. Another two hours passed and we finally hit the skies for Calgary. 18 hours from Toronto to Calgary and AC never even offered us a free cookie or pretzel snack while we waited. I wrote them after I got home advising of my disappointment, not in the aircraft problem but the on ground service and they stepped up to the plate and sent me an apology and a $50.00 voucher for a future flight to use within 12 months... lol...

Yup... Been there done that. Left Pearson on Air ClusterFk for Calgary a number of years ago... 30 minutes out, I was aware of a strange sound and was having eardrum issues... Captain came on all apologetic and advised that they were unable to sustain cabin pressure and would be returning to Pearson at low altitude. Got to Pearson and he came on again and advised they wouldn't let him land and we would have to circle around for a while. An hour later, we made our approach and landed. They told us they were going to fix the problem right away and we would be off the ground soon. Two hours later, we boarded and took off. Woohoo. 30 minutes later 'Capitain Bad News' comes on and tells us same problem and we are turning around. And yes... Another hour circling Pearson before we could land and then we were advised that they were going to junk that airplane and get us another one so take all your carry on with you. Fully expecting them to offer meal and bar vouchers, I inquired and got the big Sorry... No deal. Two hours later, they told us at our gate that the plane was an antique L 1011 TriStar that had been in storage and due to Transport Canada safety it had to be fully stocked with food and all the other incidentals that we didn't really need. Another two hours passed and we finally hit the skies for Calgary. 18 hours from Toronto to Calgary and AC never even offered us a free cookie or pretzel snack while we waited. I wrote them after I got home advising of my disappointment, not in the aircraft problem but the on ground service and they stepped up to the plate and sent me an apology and a $50.00 voucher for a future flight to use within 12 months... lol...
Air Canada’s motto: We’re not happy until you’re not happy….

Air Canada’s motto: We’re not happy until you’re not happy….
hahahaha... That's only one AC story. I flew first class to Montego Bay with them and got treated like a third class citizen (along with all the others in first class) I may as well have sitting on the wing. Food poisoning from Cancun to Calgary (Don't eat the chicken)... That was sort of Brenda's fault. 4 days of emergency toilet visits and not being able to eat and I racked my brain... We ate the same thing in Cancun airport... And same thing on the plane... Then she advised that she didn't eat her chicken on the plane as it tasted tinny.... Thanks honey.... lol...And then March 17, 2019....Covid... Got an email from AC that said "We are advising that your flight from Bogota to Columbia has been cancelled." That was all... No telling me they would try to find me a flight, no recourse at all... Nothing.... Luckily after numerous phone calls, my superhero travel agent got me a convoluted series of flights and got me home two days before Colombia closed all air travel in their country... lol... I would like to say I will walk before I ever travel AC again... but who knows... we do what we have to do.... lol...

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06