I'm New Here
Feb 16, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Camaro SS
Province
AB
Hi guys!
I just bought a used car in good condition as my new daily and I'm currently looking for an affordable car insurance policy that still provides full coverage. I came across Surex while searching for the cheapest car insurance in Alberta and I think, correct me if I'm wrong, they're a brokerage that would help me compare multiple insurance policies to help me get the cheapest one possible. Has anyone here already tried getting car insurance through them? If you've already insured through them please let me know your thoughts and regarding their services. Thank you in advance!

Reactions: 2KforeverC5 and Dik
Hi guys!
I just bought a used car in good condition as my new daily and I'm currently looking for an affordable car insurance policy that still provides full coverage. I came across Surex while searching for the cheapest car insurance in Alberta and I think, correct me if I'm wrong, they're a brokerage that would help me compare multiple insurance policies to help me get the cheapest one possible. Has anyone here already tried getting car insurance through them? If you've already insured through them please let me know your thoughts and regarding their services. Thank you in advance!

Never heard of Surex. My broker has me with Wawanesa who I've been with for 40 years. I pay just under $900 a year on my 2105 Vette and they rebate me close to $400 every fall when I change to just fire and theft. I call it "park it" insurance. Have always had great service with them. I would see who the broker says is the cheapest carrier and then check the reviews on them out.

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Never heard of Surex. My broker has me with Wawanesa who I've been with for 40 years. I pay just under $900 a year on my 2105 Vette and they rebate me close to $400 every fall when I change to just fire and theft. I call it "park it" insurance. Have always had great service with them. I would see who the broker says is the cheapest carrier and then check the reviews on them out.
Hey Rruuff...hows about posting a couple pics of your 2105 Vette.....I guess you went to the future and came back with it huh?

Hi guys!
I contacted Surex about four years ago and glad I did. We saved a lot of money and get excellent service.
If you're interested PM me for a name to call. This guy is a straight shooter ....

I need to check them out. We currently have our car coverage split from our condo coverage because the car company doesn't have a decent package. I'd like to work with an agent in Calgary if possible.

Hey Rruuff...hows about posting a couple pics of your 2105 Vette.....I guess you went to the future and came back with it huh?
I guess you didn't know I own a DMC DeLorean as well Don. Gave me the opportunity to spring ahead 90 years. Only cruised the future to check on the Covid status but while I was there this salesman saw my car and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. We used the DeLorean to bring the car back and then he took mine 'Back to the Future' with him... You ever make it out this way, we will go for a rip. Here's some pics.

This was my DeLorean I traded

1613665473191.png

This is my 2105. Pretty cool ride. No more gasoline in 2105 either. This baby runs on organic fuels... Pulls carbon from the atmosphere and converts it to fuel. Keep this to yourself cause if Justin finds out, he will find a way to tax the hell out of me for not emitting carbon...

1613665890328.png

1613665791601.png

1613665752764.png

And by the way, we finally eradicated Covid in 2028 but in 2063 another one popped up called Kusiwhasatin. It's a mutating disease that often starts with pain and sensitivity in the victims nipples, then forms a temporary tumor in the brain as it feeds upon the genetic material of the brain cells, sapping away the victims critical thinking skills and intelligence. Once it reaches its critical density, the tumor disbands into the bloodstream, the virus going into a form of hibernation, leaving its victim in a state of near absolute uselessness.
Personally, I think that one is already here...

OK and back to the future of...car insurance...

I'll add that you shouldn't key on the cost of car insurance alone, if you're also in need of home or tenant or other types of insurance. You often do better when getting all your insurance in one place, due to the discounts you enjoy. Or sometimes you save on one type of insurance but pay a higher premium for the others. For example, I had a much better vehicle insurance quote from a different insurer but when I asked they also insure my house, their rate was super high so combined, it was cheaper for me to stay with my existing insurer. My 2 cents.

I went to the Surex web site and in the list of agents I found one in Calgary and sent my information through the "get a quote" link on her page. A guy named Siva from Edmonton responded and when I questioned it he said the company "assigns" agents to provide quotes to perspective new clients. Sounds like "THEY" know what's best for me????? I would like to have someone in Calgary that I could meet face to face (at some point) to discuss needs and coverage. Curious about other peoples experience in selecting their own agent.

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
I guess you didn't know I own a DMC DeLorean as well Don. Gave me the opportunity to spring ahead 90 years. Only cruised the future to check on the Covid status but while I was there this salesman saw my car and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. We used the DeLorean to bring the car back and then he took mine 'Back to the Future' with him... You ever make it out this way, we will go for a rip. Here's some pics.

This was my DeLorean I traded

View attachment 78067

This is my 2105. Pretty cool ride. No more gasoline in 2105 either. This baby runs on organic fuels... Pulls carbon from the atmosphere and converts it to fuel. Keep this to yourself cause if Justin finds out, he will find a way to tax the hell out of me for not emitting carbon...

View attachment 78071

View attachment 78070

View attachment 78069

And by the way, we finally eradicated Covid in 2028 but in 2063 another one popped up called Kusiwhasatin. It's a mutating disease that often starts with pain and sensitivity in the victims nipples, then forms a temporary tumor in the brain as it feeds upon the genetic material of the brain cells, sapping away the victims critical thinking skills and intelligence. Once it reaches its critical density, the tumor disbands into the bloodstream, the virus going into a form of hibernation, leaving its victim in a state of near absolute uselessness.
Personally, I think that one is already here...
That one has infected politicians around the world for many years already. Cases appear to be most extreme in left leaning politicians from what I see in policies being followed today.

• Haha
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
As Netsinah said there are lots of factors in play when deciding on auto insurance. If you drive the car less than 9000 kilometers per year CAA offers a policy called " My Pace".
Basically a "pay as you go" policy where you pay for annual coverage and the first 1000 kilometers and then pay for each additional 1000 kilometer increment. Based on my history of driving the corvette 5000 kilometers per year I will save about $250 with this policy.

Thanks man! I'll check them out as well

Hi guys!
Any Broker on insurance can help. !!!

Hi guys!
When u said used, how used is it that you require FULL COVERAGE?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.