Get in your vette and drive up this Saturday , I will even feed you :rofl:

Anytime :D

lol Boy I wish....I would probably ask you to change that pulley while I drank your beer !!! :rofl:

Seriously speaking, I do have to change that crank pulley...:(

It looks like a big job and costly too $$$$$
Probably give me a good reason to visit !!:D

lol Boy I wish....I would probably ask you to change that pulley while I drank your beer !!! :rofl:

Seriously speaking, I do have to change that crank pulley...:(

It looks like a big job and costly too $$$$$
Probably give me a good reason to visit !!:D

Ya the steering rack has to come out to get at the pulley .I can do the pulley in about 4-5 hours while you wait. That pulley must be changed , and Corvette's are not the only ones that have this problem ...CTSV's and pretty much anything with an LS engine that uses that same pulley.

Replace pulley with a Powerbond 25% underdrive one $875.00 taxes included.

If you have no mods, I would use a new set of stock LS2 wires and some AC delco plugs , if you have headers / CAI +++ I would use some MSD 8.8 wires and NGK plugs (TR55's headers only / TR6's if you have a cam )

Thx
[email protected]

Hi Manny, I have a 1980 Vette with an L-48, regular 350 carburated. I never knew that mix/match was that important, or is this specially true with new LS engines?
I mean, I have a cam and headers on mine, good wires and good plugs, but I wonder if I could get even better with a certain combination of plugs and wires given my cam and headers?
THX!

Hi Manny, I have a 1980 Vette with an L-48, regular 350 carburated. I never knew that mix/match was that important, or is this specially true with new LS engines?
I mean, I have a cam and headers on mine, good wires and good plugs, but I wonder if I could get even better with a certain combination of plugs and wires given my cam and headers?
THX!

Its more about optimizing than actual power gains . Splitfires and E3's I know are a popular upgrade with the L-48's . I don't do much with the older gen's as far as engine work goes , more C4 -C6 and beyond .

Ya the steering rack has to come out to get at the pulley .I can do the pulley in about 4-5 hours while you wait. That pulley must be changed , and Corvette's are not the only ones that have this problem ...CTSV's and pretty much anything with an LS engine that uses that same pulley.

Wow that doesn't to bad but what worries me is the distance to your place..:( Have you ever thought of moving to Quebec ? if yes ..then I will wait for ya !! :rofl:

I figure getting to your shop would likely take me 8-1/2hrs -9hrs....but I haven't ruled it out yet...I'm talking it over with my lovely one....I'll get back to you on that one cause one way or the other it has to be done....If ever I can't make it there , do have any suggestions on where I can get that pulley for good price ?

I bought my ATI pulley for the LS1 off of Jegs. I think it was $550 or so but the exchanged pushed it up to $625 to my door. You can't have Manny by the way, we called dibs on him for the west a while ago.:D

:confused:
Manny you scared me with this wobbly pulley thing....I won't be going up to have you fix it cause I'm afraid of not making it up there to your place:(:(:(
I sure wish it were you cause around here I don't know anyone that has a good reputation on fixing vetts like you have.

By the way Riley I called at Jegs like you mentioned and the sales rep. called Dauge told me it would cost me delivered at my doorstep , Only $ 250.00 Now that I'm not going up to see Manny well I will order it this week and try to find someone that is good at modifying vettes...

Here is the link: SLP 100225 SLP Harmonic Balancer/Underdrive Pulley

Last edited:
:confused:
Manny you scared me with this wobbly pulley thing....I won't be going up to have you fix it cause I'm afraid of not making it up there to your place:(:(:(
I sure wish it were you cause around here I don't know anyone that has a good reputation on fixing vetts like you have.

By the way Riley I called at Jegs like you mentioned and the sales rep. called Dauge told me it would cost me delivered at my doorstep , Only $ 250.00 Now that I'm not going up to see Manny well I will order it this week and try to find someone that is good at modifying vettes...

Here is the link: SLP 100225 SLP Harmonic Balancer/Underdrive Pulley

You could still come up the pulley will make it , and I could chave it changed out in about 4 hours for $450 since you already have the pulley

Nice! Mine was much more pricey! I think you went a good route.

Ask Manny if you need a new belt to go with the under-drive pulley. I'm not sure if the tensioners will take up the slack but maybe they will, I do not know.

Ask Manny if you need a new belt to go with the under-drive pulley. I'm not sure if the tensioners will take up the slack but maybe they will, I do not know.

Yes it will require 2 new belts , main and A/C belt . You would have to check with Summit as I think theirs is a different size from the ones I use .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.