Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Happy Boxing Day All,

To take the edge off here's some minor updates on CCF V2 Progress:

1. CCF V2 will have a front-end website as well as the forums. In the interest of some additional search engine optimization we will have a proper website that will be accessible via a different address (TBD) that will have more curated/featured topics and will link back to the forums.

This will not impact existing forum users in anyway, it's more of a portal for new users who are sometimes overwhelmed by the forum format.

2. New refreshed logo in progress. We're working to refresh our logo. It's almost there, I will publish source
files, business card layouts and TShirt layouts (samples) once it's final to make printing easier.

3. CCF Store - We will in addition begin to offer branded apparel (CCF) once we find a suitable supplier that caters to the Canadian market. More on this later.

4. Feature parity?? - as CCF V2 is a brand new platform all of our custom in-house developed addons and commercial purchased addons will not work out of the box. We've been busy rewriting some, waiting on developers to upgrade others. CCF V2 will not have 100% of the features when we soft launch in Jan 2018. Do not be disheartened, we will get there but it will be a gradual process. Right now the 3 features that will definitely NOT make it in Jan 2018 are Classifieds, User Maps and Showcase.

Classifieds - we will be going to a more manual classifieds system as before whilst we re-write the classifieds core code. We expect to have it done by Feb/Mar.

Showcase - this one will take longer but given that it's not heavily used I don't expect too much impact.

User Maps - expect it back by Mar 2018.

With that in mind we will have plenty of NEW features to boast about including a re-written and greatly improved Events system, hugely improved New Posts section, bookmarks (you'll love this one), reactions and much more. So not all bad news.

Happy Holidays.

Happy Boxing Day All,

To take the edge off here's some minor updates on CCF V2 Progress:

1. CCF V2 will have a front-end website as well as the forums. In the interest of some additional search engine optimization we will have a proper website that will be accessible via a different address (TBD) that will have more curated/featured topics and will link back to the forums.

This will not impact existing forum users in anyway, it's more of a portal for new users who are sometimes overwhelmed by the forum format.

2. New refreshed logo in progress. We're working to refresh our logo. It's almost there, I will publish source
files, business card layouts and TShirt layouts (samples) once it's final to make printing easier.

3. CCF Store - We will in addition begin to offer branded apparel (CCF) once we find a suitable supplier that caters to the Canadian market. More on this later.

4. Feature parity?? - as CCF V2 is a brand new platform all of our custom in-house developed addons and commercial purchased addons will not work out of the box. We've been busy rewriting some, waiting on developers to upgrade others. CCF V2 will not have 100% of the features when we soft launch in Jan 2018. Do not be disheartened, we will get there but it will be a gradual process. Right now the 3 features that will definitely NOT make it in Jan 2018 are Classifieds, User Maps and Showcase.

Classifieds - we will be going to a more manual classifieds system as before whilst we re-write the classifieds core code. We expect to have it done by Feb/Mar.

Showcase - this one will take longer but given that it's not heavily used I don't expect too much impact.

User Maps - expect it back by Mar 2018.

With that in mind we will have plenty of NEW features to boast about including a re-written and greatly improved Events system, hugely improved New Posts section, bookmarks (you'll love this one), reactions and much more. So not all bad news.

Happy Holidays.

Great progress Nik but I thought I gave you Christmas day off ? :p

Nik, Eric, Riley, Rob and Colin thanks so much for your efforts with this site.

Ya done good.:thumbs:

Nik has been outstanding with the forum and I don’t think we could have found a better core of people to look after our phenomenal members.

This will be great!

Quick update on CCF V2.

1. Initial testing has gone well. I'm currently waiting on some development activities to complete with our mobile app before switching over to CCF V2. We will not have feature parity but will be swiftly moving in that direction over the coming months. We will have new and unique features on the V2 platform though.

2. During the switch CCF will be entirely unavailable, the process is very time consuming and will take up to 12 hours to complete. I will post notices well ahead of the cutover date.

3. Current target is Friday Jan 12, but it's a very fluid date.

Our new CCF themed website is also underway, I'm swiftly scrambling to get a little bit of content in there for launch. I'd like to soft launch it Jan 10 and have it fully integrated into CCF Forums V2 around Jan 15. Until then it will be a disconnected website.

More updates later.

Reactions: ddgermann
Your timing is almost perfect Nik.... I leave the country mid January for 22 days.... Try to have it back up and running prior to Feb. 7.... :Banghead:

Reactions: ddgermann