Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Probably the first in a long series of polls (so get ready) for our new CCF V2 Theme and UI.

This is an easy one, do we want to go lighter, super minimalist, darker or about the same in terms of look and feel. Our current UI theme I would categorize as on the dark side but not officially a dark theme just for point of reference.

The below samples have nothing to do with how CCF will look but simply illustrate what I mean by dark and white.

Here's an example of a dark/dark theme (notice background even in input boxes in black or dark and fonts are typically white or non-black):
xenanimate.jpg

And of a white theme (backgrounds are white or light, fonts are dark):
screenshot3.jpg

I like how the current forum looks. I've been on dark/dark forums (Priate 4x4?) and it's like they're trying too hard to be dark, or just too lazy to add any texture/contrast. I really like how the current set up looks. You've done an awesome job!

Reactions: theboss
Thanks. I'm not opposed to keeping the overall look at all.

Some things will inevitably change. I'd like to bring some 'punch' for the forum home page, add a few more visual cues and graphics to make sure readers don't get overwhelmed by text. But the red/black/white primary colours we can keep if we prefer.

I vote for change because I find that I am always painted with the same brush as "old people" if I state that I don't want change.
Besides change can also be in the asking to change it back later if too many don't like it ...
I know it's work for Nik but I would really like to entertain his offer for taking us to the dark side.
Ahhh, feels good to feel younger again for another day ...

I vote for change because I find that I am always painted with the same brush as "old people" if I state that I don't want change.
Besides change can also be in the asking to change it back later if too many don't like it ...
I know it's work for Nik but I would really like to entertain his offer for taking us to the dark side.
Ahhh, feels good to feel younger again for another day ...

Spence. I've heard that younger feeling can be acquired with a bottle of ......

51qqV0EY3FL._AA218_.jpg
:rofl:

Reactions: theboss

Users who are viewing this thread