Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Heads up, first CCF outage is coming up this weekend. This is to accommodate phase 1 of our CCF upgrade. If all goes well it should be a small outage. This is just a forum migration so no new changes, should be a wee bit quicker.

The current plan for the CCF V2 upgrade is as follows:

Phase 1
Migrate existing CCF to new hardware/VMs on higher spec/higher resiliency infrastructure
Planned Date: Feb 10/11/12
Estimated Outage: 2 hours

Phase 2
Upgrade CCF forum platform
Planned Date: TBD (Feb)
Estimated Outage: 4-6 hours

Phase 3
Roll out of new CCF V2 features
Planned Date: TBD (Feb-Mar)
Estimated Outage: 30 mins

Heads up, first CCF outage is coming up this weekend. This is to accommodate phase 1 of our CCF upgrade. If all goes well it should be a small outage. This is just a forum migration so no new changes, should be a wee bit quicker.

The current plan for the CCF V2 upgrade is as follows:

Phase 1
Migrate existing CCF to new hardware/VMs on higher spec/higher resiliency infrastructure
Planned Date: Feb 10/11/12
Estimated Outage: 2 hours

Phase 2
Upgrade CCF forum platform
Planned Date: TBD (Feb)
Estimated Outage: 4-6 hours

Phase 3
Roll out of new CCF V2 features
Planned Date: TBD (Feb-Mar)
Estimated Outage: 30 mins

"Migrate existing CCF to new hardware/VMs on higher spec/higher resiliency infrastructure"

Well Boss.... at least you put it in language that we can all understand.... lol....Just kidding Nik... As always, looking forward to your new stuff.... :thumbs:

So I should hopefully get started with this activity today. Notices have been put up.

I don't expect as big of an outage as originally stated, at most 30 mins of intermittent downtime. Be patient. I'll post a notice when the migration is completed.

Lol, enjoy the show, hopefully that was the 3rd and final Act.

For the techies, don't use IPV6 like ever.... Still... Very broken routing... Oh and you can blame Verizon peering for this....

like a flu shot ... I have not felt anything with the migration ...

So what are you using for IP instead?

Trusty ipv4 (4 cylinders work best).

like a flu shot ... I have not felt anything with the migration ...

Thanks Spence, but there were of course at least 6 people trying to use messaging at the time when this happened. Sod's law. Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on this. It's a fairly major jump behind the scenes. Next step is the major upgrade and then you'll feel a bunch of new stuff. :)

Well Nik... since I know next to nothing about proper protocol in my own affairs let alone the Internet's, I will leave this in your capable hands.... :confused:

Reactions: ddgermann

Users who are viewing this thread