Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
CCF Members,

I am going to go ahead and shutdown the board shortly for the long awaited upgrade.

Coupe of things to note:

1. I will be re-enabling the board at the soonest possible time after the upgrades complete successfully.
2. In the interest of an expeditious upgrade. Some classic CCF styling and skins will be applied gradually after I open up the board again so it will look really weird and different at first. Don't be afraid, it will be adjusted.
3. You will need to login again (your usernames/passwords do not change) so start remembering or use the forgot password feature if you can't.

To follow progress whilst CCF is down you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook below:
Twitter: Corvette Forums (@CorvetteForums) | Twitter
Facebook: Canadian Corvette Forums

Last edited:
Just in case something goes wrong and the forum ends up disappearing faster than my WorldCom and Bre-X shares, I just wanted to say that it's been grea --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------error-------------------------------end transmission-------------------------------------------catastrophic failure imminent-------------------------

Just in case something goes wrong and the forum ends up disappearing faster than my WorldCom and Bre-X shares, I just wanted to say that it's been grea --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------error-------------------------------end transmission-------------------------------------------catastrophic failure imminent-------------------------

If something does go wrong Plan B is of course the tried and tested run for the hills. Being in Toronto it's a fair amount of running but I reckon I'll make it to one by sundown next week, see you all there.

Alright, we're back up and running. Usual set of glitches. Before you all go, why is everything so weird looking I am working hard at significant amounts of customizations today and tomorrow including the new logo. Bear with me.

For the time being we have basic forum features back. Click around and report big issues here.

Reactions: 2009CGMZR1
... ahhhh ... darn addiction ... I got to post a couple of things finally ...
man-o-man it felt like hours not being able to post something :WillyNilly:
ok I'm good until later now .... thx :Shamefullyembarrased:

• Happy
Reactions: Nik
Nik, the new format looks pretty good, it will take some navigating to work around the place.

Odd that my older MacBook Air no longer works, the screen is different and missing most of the important stuff. I cannot update anything on this computer but I keep it because it has Office on it and I cannot transfer to the new one because I don't have the original disk anymore. It worked yesterday morning but you killed it Nik.:Banghead::Biggrin:

Only suggestion and maybe others like it but I would like to see the posters information rather than having to click on it to bring it up. Such a geographically and ownership diverse group I just find it easier to know who I am talking to. You cannot click on yourself apparently either.

Nik, the new format looks pretty good, it will take some navigating to work around the place.

Odd that my older MacBook Air no longer works, the screen is different and missing most of the important stuff. I cannot update anything on this computer but I keep it because it has Office on it and I cannot transfer to the new one because I don't have the original disk anymore. It worked yesterday morning but you killed it Nik.:Banghead::Biggrin:

Only suggestion and maybe others like it but I would like to see the posters information rather than having to click on it to bring it up. Such a geographically and ownership diverse group I just find it easier to know who I am talking to. You cannot click on yourself apparently either.

Thanks Murray, as per your request I've changed the postbit (the bit below your avatar pic) to open automatically.

There's still a huge amount of customization and coding happening so things will eventually normalize.

Hey cool :cool: ... temptation to do a "not like" :nailbiting: appears to have a resolve for me :Biggrin: ....
when I hover over that lower right thumbs up ...
it only gives me an option to "Like" ... no others :Shrug2:
So you are all safe :mad:

:Biggrin: maybe I'll be the first to be rewarded with a "not like" because of this :Biggrin:

Last edited:
  • Winner
Hi Nik, I liked on old system that you could scroll the side bar without scrolling the whole page.

Jim

I will look into doing something about this.

Hey cool :cool: ... temptation to do a "not like" :nailbiting: appears to have a resolve for me :Biggrin: ....
when I hover over that lower right thumbs up ...
it only gives me an option to "Like" ... no others :Shrug2:
So you are all safe :mad:

:Biggrin: maybe I'll be the first to be rewarded with a "not like" because of this :Biggrin:

Hmm, that shouldn't happen. If you're on a non-touch device i.e. desktop/laptop you should just be able to hover and get a popup of reactions, on a touch device you need to press & hold it for longer than a second to get that pop up otherwise hitting it will default to a Like.

Curious if it's me or not ...
Is the Title of the Thread now missing when you are within the thread and reading the comments.
I lose track of the thread title (likely as I enjoy the derailed comments too) and when I get to page #2, etc,
the Title of the Thread does not appear to be anywhere ... and I can't rememeber.
I know my remember part cannot be fixed but I wonder if the thread title was ever there before

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann

Users who are viewing this thread