Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
In the interest of constantly breaking things I'm experimenting with a new left side navigation panel. For those of you wondering what that is, it's basically the Navigation Menu (today located at the top) relocated to the left hand side. I'm finding that a lot of you are not using some of our super duper features as they are somewhat buried in menus.

If it's generally well received I will be looking to permanently changing the main CCF theme to this one.

For those of you that want to jump ahead and try it out you can simply switch to the CCF New Side style available in your Style/Theme switcher (very bottom left handside button). You can always switch back to CCF Regular or Dark if you don't like it.

Feedback appreciated. Some styling elements are still in development.

I do agree I'm gravitating towards and using the minimalist Dark style myself. Unfortunately only 7 people have switched to it so I'll need to prep the email cannon on this topic soon.
I tried it for several days the first time around and although I like the looks of it, I found the lack of contrast to be more tiring on the eyes. Especially for a moderator as we tend to think we have to read everything....lol.... I do like the sidebar though.

• Agree
Reactions: Cariboocreek
I tried it for several days the first time around and although I like the looks of it, I found the lack of contrast to be more tiring on the eyes. Especially for a moderator as we tend to think we have to read everything....lol.... I do like the sidebar though.

Good feedback.

I am working on a few other dark and light styles which will be more contrasty. Ultimately we will end up with around 4 to choose from. Two very stylized ones and two minimalist ones in light and dark flavours.

My only gripe with the Dark theme is when someone changes the font colour to something dark - you can't read it.

Also, did you just make everything bigger in the Dark theme? I thought I zoomed in, in the browser.

Left side nav along with Rght side info ... I am good ...
and
the Dark theme side I can not ... I may be Jedi
or just loving the carbon fiber wallpaper

not to crazy with the bleached out look of the middle section
in the left nav option though ...
perhaps needing a contrast shades to the section boxes
or shading contrast to the boundry - if possible

shade.jpg

Last edited:
Left side nav along with Rght side info ... I am good ...
and
the Dark theme side I can not ... I may be Jedi
or just loving the carbon fiber wallpaper

not to crazy with the bleached out look of the middle section
in the left nav option though ...
perhaps needing a contrast shades to the section boxes
or shading contrast to the boundry - if possible

View attachment 34108

Yeah the pics haven't been ported to those node boxes. I'm debating whether to keep the box layout or squeezing them into smaller containers. I guess you'll find out soon what gets decisioned 🤣

Reactions: YFCvii
Yeah the pics haven't been ported to those node boxes. I'm debating whether to keep the box layout or squeezing them into smaller containers. I guess you'll find out soon what gets decisioned 🤣
I’m game on the idea for smaller containers ... perhaps 4 wide ...
the photos may give an overly cluttered look with the added left nav