CCF IS Back

Hi CCF users! Firstly I wish to personally apologise for the longest outage ever. Our primary data center had what can best be described as a cataclysmic and mildly comical series of events involving a power surge, a power outage, a backup generator catching fire and fire suppressant dowsing hundreds of servers (including some of ours). Our original servers are still drying and in pieces.

We are now operating from a different data center on different hardware from a backup that we thankfully did on Apr 3 (Sat night). We will not be able to recover your posts from Sunday.

Things are NOT 100% yet but at least I can finally get a little bit of sleep tonight knowing the site is somewhat operational. If you see any weirdness don't hesitate to report here.

More updates later....

SORRY!!!

Last edited:
Thanks chaps for the kind words. I will take extra measures to prep us for the next disaster so you don't start lingering around Ford dealerships and the like in absence of a CCF.

The unfortunate part was that we were in the midst of a hardware transition for added resiliency when this happened hence why we couldn't switch over to a copy of the forums in a timely manner. This is far from the first time hardware has failed on us, we are usually up and running with little time left for a scratch and a coffee (target is under 5 mins to failover). Sod's law.

Enjoy folks, do some needless posts to make up for the 60 lost hours.... We may even turn a blind as we're out of practice. ;)

CCF IS Back

Hi CCF users! Firstly I wish to personally apologise for the longest outage ever. Our primary data center had what can best be described as a cataclysmic and mildly comical series of events involving a power surge, a power outage, a backup generator catching fire and fire suppressant dowsing hundreds of servers (including some of ours). Our original servers are still drying and in pieces.

We are now operating from a different data center on different hardware from a backup that we thankfully did on Apr 3 (Sat night). We will not be able to recover your posts from Sunday.

Things are NOT 100% yet but at least I can finally get a little bit of sleep tonight knowing the site is somewhat operational. If you see any weirdness don't hesitate to report here.

More updates later....

SORRY!!!
Ya hardly missed a beat. Thanks a bunch for all you do for us!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread