CCF IS Back

Hi CCF users! Firstly I wish to personally apologise for the longest outage ever. Our primary data center had what can best be described as a cataclysmic and mildly comical series of events involving a power surge, a power outage, a backup generator catching fire and fire suppressant dowsing hundreds of servers (including some of ours). Our original servers are still drying and in pieces.

We are now operating from a different data center on different hardware from a backup that we thankfully did on Apr 3 (Sat night). We will not be able to recover your posts from Sunday.

Things are NOT 100% yet but at least I can finally get a little bit of sleep tonight knowing the site is somewhat operational. If you see any weirdness don't hesitate to report here.

More updates later....

SORRY!!!

Last edited:

Nik

Blame me if something's broken
Staff member
Administrator
Power User
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
Awards
Vernon, BC
VetteCoins
Post Style (Members)
Car
Province
BC
Thanks chaps for the kind words. I will take extra measures to prep us for the next disaster so you don't start lingering around Ford dealerships and the like in absence of a CCF.

The unfortunate part was that we were in the midst of a hardware transition for added resiliency when this happened hence why we couldn't switch over to a copy of the forums in a timely manner. This is far from the first time hardware has failed on us, we are usually up and running with little time left for a scratch and a coffee (target is under 5 mins to failover). Sod's law.

Enjoy folks, do some needless posts to make up for the 60 lost hours.... We may even turn a blind as we're out of practice. ;)

DavidWG

Regular
Jun 21, 2016
Awards
Brampton, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Grand Sport
CCF IS Back

Hi CCF users! Firstly I wish to personally apologise for the longest outage ever. Our primary data center had what can best be described as a cataclysmic and mildly comical series of events involving a power surge, a power outage, a backup generator catching fire and fire suppressant dowsing hundreds of servers (including some of ours). Our original servers are still drying and in pieces.

We are now operating from a different data center on different hardware from a backup that we thankfully did on Apr 3 (Sat night). We will not be able to recover your posts from Sunday.

Things are NOT 100% yet but at least I can finally get a little bit of sleep tonight knowing the site is somewhat operational. If you see any weirdness don't hesitate to report here.

More updates later....

SORRY!!!
Ya hardly missed a beat. Thanks a bunch for all you do for us!!!!!

Rruuff Day

Never wrestle with a pig.
Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
Awards
Pine Lake, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
C7 3LT ZF1
Province
AB
No one realizes the sacrifices Nik makes for us. He currently has the entire forum running off his cell phone. :Biggrin:

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06