We do not, I am not comfortable the water pressure on my vert as it might leak, and the brushes are hard on the paint.
A lot of car washes can not take a vette because they are so low .If they do damage you are on your own in most cases.
And I do not want some moron driving my car off the line at warp speed.
It happened to my buddy , he hauled the guy out of the car by his shirt and punched him out when he had his 69 GTO
Just my 2 cents opinion

I've gone to the Bubbles on 93 str & 51 Ave once. Hand wash and they are set up to take the low cars. Not forceful water but hard enough to work as the hand was is the key. ther wipe down is very good as they do inside the doors also. a bit pricey but it gets the shine back on the bugs off after travelling into Edmonton.

I've gone to the Bubbles on 93 str & 51 Ave once. Hand wash and they are set up to take the low cars. Not forceful water but hard enough to work as the hand was is the key. ther wipe down is very good as they do inside the doors also. a bit pricey but it gets the shine back on the bugs off after travelling into Edmonton.

I've gone to that Bubbles, as well as many others, for my winter car....wasn't sure if I wanted to take the C7 there but maybe its alright if you've good experiences. My only concerns are two:

1) I think they have one of those setups where a "roller" type thing hugs one of your wheels and pulls your card forward? And I've heard those can damage some cars?

2) They do a handwash yes, but they also do a machine pre-wash, and I heard the cleaning agents used in machine machine washes can often contain some items that are harsh on the paint?

I wouldn't take my vette to bubbles.

Nice new car wash just off 50th street, north of whitemud freeway--just behind Leon's. It's not in my area, but would go there frequently if it was. Lately I use the one on 23rd Avenue and Rabbit Hill Road. Lots of nice sports cars there usually. One time I pulled in, and my car was the ugliest one in the 12 bay wash. There was a Ferrari, Maserrati, couple 911s, all at the same time.

I wanted to take pics, but my phone was dead.

Either way, it was a nice trip to the wash. Everyone was eyeballing each other's whips!

I wouldn't take my vette to bubbles.

Nice new car wash just off 50th street, north of whitemud freeway--just behind Leon's. It's not in my area, but would go there frequently if it was. Lately I use the one on 23rd Avenue and Rabbit Hill Road. Lots of nice sports cars there usually. One time I pulled in, and my car was the ugliest one in the 12 bay wash. There was a Ferrari, Maserrati, couple 911s, all at the same time.

I wanted to take pics, but my phone was dead.

Either way, it was a nice trip to the wash. Everyone was eyeballing each other's whips!

Is the 23rd ave Rabbit Hill road wash that you're referring to a self-wash? Or do they have staff that will wash your car for you?

I'm guilty.

I never read the entire post. That wash is a self-wash. As far as a place where people will do it for you, I would only trust a professional detailer. The staff usually could care less about your vehicle at places like bubbles imo. Those cloths gotta have a lot of foreign particles on them by the time your car comes up.

Maybe I'm just paranoid. I guess if I had a gun held to my head, I would say bubbles downtown is ok. I take my DD to these types of places all the time, as my fleet card covers occasional washes like this.

Thankfully, I really enjoy self-washing my car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.