Despite the fact I was born and grew up on Toronto the place has turned into a crap hole, there is no one there to save you. I go if I have to but there is little joy in being there, day or night the danger exists.

It saddens me to hear comments like this ... but it is becoming reality .... I think Murray mentioned Marner ... yea I remember that well he was jacked at the Cineplex at Islington and Queensway ... while he was in his Range Rover ... in the parking lot ... thats not that far south of where I am

Born and raised in Etobicoke and dont think I'll ever leave ... well we all leave at the end of the game ....but Im in it till then

Living in toronto requires common sense and always being aware of your surroundings ... of course thats by no means fool proof but it helps

At least we're not at Chicago levels ... well not yet anyway

I've known this for years, but I've never actually done it myself. Scan & print your ownership and give a copy to everyone that drives your car. You only have to show proof of ownership when pulled over by leo. Same goes with your insurance slip. You get 4 of them.

Mitch Marner had his car (SUV?) stolen at gunpoint as well. While it would take a while to get another C8 it's still not worth dying over.
Is a photo on cellphone of both sides of the ownership and insurance card good enough?

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
Is a photo on cellphone of both sides of the ownership and insurance card good enough?
A copy of the insurance slip can be kept digitally in your phone.
A photocopy of the ownership (green doc) front only might be considered a "true copy" of the green ownership doc. The back is all transfer/address stuff.
"Ontario law requires that this permit or a true copy be carried in the vehicle for which it was issued while the vehicle is being operated on a highway". (bottom edge of the green ownership paper)
Is a digital photo a true copy? Probably.

Reactions: DenisC8
A copy of the insurance slip can be kept digitally in your phone.
A photocopy of the ownership (green doc) front only might be considered a "true copy" of the green ownership doc. The back is all transfer/address stuff.
"Ontario law requires that this permit or a true copy be carried in the vehicle for which it was issued while the vehicle is being operated on a highway". (bottom edge of the green ownership paper)
Is a digital photo a true copy? Probably.

Agree with above #19. My take on this is these friggin' losers got bored playing GTA or something so the real thing has to be tried. When the consequences are no better than the reset button of your (insert your favorite gaming console) then they get more brazen.

These idiots don't know the difference between fake and real and what happens in reality really affects everyone, not just the victims.

Here's another good one.................too much need for speed and had to try the real thing. Love to know whos car that was and if it belongs to the parents they need a good whoopin'.

Anyone who carries their fob in a Farady bag should just keep them all together. Easy.

GTA is real life GTA currently... I just picked my range rover sport back from theft recovery repairs! Was visiting my parents in Brampton 2 months back, and my range was stolen in under a minute but later recovered a 1.5 day later, as they had cut out the tracker and were probably waiting to drive my car to Montreal on Monday, as the theft occurred early Saturday morning around 1:30 am. Car is repaired, and finally have it back.

I feel your pain. When we were living in the beaches a few years back my Range Rover Sport was stolen from my driveway at 4am (took them about 30 seconds). It was also recovered. They had re-VINed it, “changing it” from a 2014 to a 2017, rolled the odometer back significantly and sold it to an idiot who paid cash for it (based on some crazy Kijiji - I am getting divorced and don’t want her to get the truck story). New guy was picked up driving it.

When I was finished with the cops the morning after it was stolen and I went to get my rental car at 11am, I was the 7th customer that day that had come in for a rental who had had their SUV stolen the night before. All 4 people in my old neighbourhood who had black RRS had them stolen in about a 4 week period. It is insane in the GTA for car theft currently. Insane!

Glad you got it back.

Jack what about Sparro's " famous " Instagram friend that had her black C8 stolen from her driveway

1712232959185.png

• Haha
Reactions: Jack Raccoon!

Users who are viewing this thread