I was rabid anti-pot pretty much my entire life, but then through my brother Veterans I began to change my mind when I saw the medicinal value of it and how it helped them cope with the various types of fallout from military service. Then in Feb of this year I was blindsided with a medical condition (claim in progress through Veteran's Affairs, as it may be service related) and have been using CBD/THC oil to cope with the pain and to help me sleep. It would be hypocritical to diss those who use it for recreational purposes, so I have changed my mindset now.

A new device that I'm testing out for use with distallates.
Photo_20200821_1.jpg

Photo_20200821_2.jpg

I prefer smoking and getting high over drinking any day of the week because you can function, you don't do stupid things , and there's no hangover.
I'm pretty high strung and get caught in thought loops easily, and I find that weed (if consumed with intention) levels me out and lets my mind come up with new thoughts.

Moralities aside, I have a problem with the economics.

The Ontario government lost $42M in the first year of operation. That's $42M money that will never be recovered...ever. When the national user base of cannabis is only 16% it means that the other 84% of people are funding an effort that literally sees them zero benefit in any way shape or form. No doubt there is revenue, but if the bottom line continues to operate in the red, I find it irresponsible to continue the way we have.

That, and the black market continues to thrive...and with it, the illegal drug trade that is tied to some heinous acts that was all supposed to magically disappear when it was legalized. Feds really screwed the pooch on that one.

Reactions: Kev and OL Yeller
Moralities aside, I have a problem with the economics.

The Ontario government lost $42M in the first year of operation. That's $42M money that will never be recovered...ever. When the national user base of cannabis is only 16% it means that the other 84% of people are funding an effort that literally sees them zero benefit in any way shape or form. No doubt there is revenue, but if the bottom line continues to operate in the red, I find it irresponsible to continue the way we have.

That, and the black market continues to thrive...and with it, the illegal drug trade that is tied to some heinous acts that was all supposed to magically disappear when it was legalized. Feds really screwed the pooch on that one.
Provincial government's jurisdiction.
They thought it would be a cash cow like the liquor business.
If it is going to be legal then turn it over to the private sector and get your Gouge and Screw tax and any PST plus I would think some kind of other taxes that are levied on the tobacco industry.
Once government bureaucrats get a hold of something it is hard to turn a profit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.