This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Canadian Freight costs going up again!

If the freight cost is the same whether it’s shipped to Toronto or to Baffin Island (if there was a GM dealer there) then why is it a separate line item and not included in the msrp?
A destination charge, often called a freight fee or freight delivery charge, ensures that new car buyers pay equally to cover the cost of delivering a vehicle to a dealership. Regardless of whether the dealership is nearby or far away from the vehicle assembly plant, this amount gets charged.
According to United States law, car delivery — transporting the vehicle from port or assembly plant to dealer showroom — always gets listed as a separate line item on a new-car window sticker. Automakers may use different names to describe it, but it always works the same way, with buyers covering the cost.

I have to laugh to myself when I hear the museum delivery buyers whine about having to pay to get the car moved a few miles away. I have to thanks those folks for keeping the delivery fee relatively low for the rest of the continent

Reactions: DougHGMC8
The charge is on every new vehicle of course and only fortunate not being variable and baaed on MSRP like sales tax is.
Like “toys” in the past, here’s a scary thought of new cars in the future getting this added to the label …