Guys that spend 20 or 30 g's over MSRP are buying 3LT's loaded, money means nothing to them.

You know all these guys? If money meant nothing you would think they would buy a real supercar. Sometimes ego or timing in life supersedes practical spending. I expect there are a plethora of reasons guys are paying these premiums. YouTubers who want the clicks... There is just one reason that we have seen before.

Although my Corvettes have and will be 3L cars, I won't pay more than MSRP as that premium, and another 25% is gone the moment you take it off the lot after the first year.

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
Sell it quick then... cause next year you are going to be in for a big disappointment when you find out what your 1LT will bring you.

Lol you could buy a 1LT for $53000 in 2014. Try and find one for $40000 now. Six years later. I didn’t buy the car to sell however to say they don’t hold their value is hilarious.

I don’t judge “value” off of asking prices.
I already tested the resale “value” of my 2016 3LT in 2019 without setting an asking price.
I will likely continue to own it now until the condition is closer to that resale “value”.

Last edited:
Lol you could buy a 1LT for $53000 in 2014. Try and find one for $40000 now. Six years later. I didn’t buy the car to sell however to say they don’t hold their value is hilarious.

Sell a couple in the real world. We can all find ads on Autotrader. There is no chance I or anyone I know would pay that for a 14 1LT C7.

On the other hand the cars I buy are worth more than double that new price so the depreciation would seem a bit more dramatic to me.

• Haha
Reactions: Climber17
I have sold three C7’s so I guess our experience is different. Regardless I am not going to take a bath on a C8 1LT. I can definitely sell it and make a small profit if I choose. Like I said in my previous post, selling a six year old 2014 1LT for $40000, when it cost $53000, is not a large depreciation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.