Aug 15, 2014
Thunder Bay
VetteCoins
Car
none - yet
ok ok, with the caveat being you placed your order with a dealer with allocation for MSRP over 6 months ago. The reason I mention this is that European pricing has been announced and the base Z06 starts at 99,500 euros! So using current currency conversions:

USA = US$80,990
Canada = CA$86,995 = US$70,003
Europe = EU$99,500 = US$110,200

And with the dollar being so low, the deal just gets better the more options you add! :canada: Maybe I should have added that Z07 package...

Actually, you need to calculate that before the price increase as it brings the Canadian price to 67k. Everyone who is getting the orig Z06 allocation gets the orig price.

ok ok, with the caveat being you placed your order with a dealer with allocation for MSRP over 6 months ago. The reason I mention this is that European pricing has been announced and the base Z06 starts at 99,500 euros! So using current currency conversions:

USA = US$80,990
Canada = CA$86,995 = US$70,003
Europe = EU$99,500 = US$110,200

And with the dollar being so low, the deal just gets better the more options you add! :canada: Maybe I should have added that Z07 package...

Only one problem with this, is getting one!

Again I checked ,the current MSRP 1LZ is $78,000 .But do Canadians get the discounts we do ? Dealer discount is about 10% .In my case I get both Military (5%) and a true employee discount(5%) which amounts to another 10 % .That brings me and many others down to $62,400 USD

Most of all quantities are plentiful --NOT fair I'll agree

The current MSRP in the US is $79995. Although sporadic dealerships are offering discounts to move pre configured vehicles, they are selling for MSRP and without dealer and employee discounts permitted. I don't even know of Military discount being accepted in the US. The key is whether you want to buy a preconfigured model that is sitting on the lot that they want to move, or build your own. There have been dealers trying to move their allocation fast and, with a few discounts seen...they lasts only days. There is a great article on the Stingray website that debunks the belief of there being so many available and explains the reasoning people think such, which is for the most part dealers advertising before cars are received and whether or not they are a dealer or customer order. Whether that car is available or not, the first phone call is key to dealerships right?

If you can find anyone that has posted that they got a great deal in the US at that price, I would love to see the post.

The current MSRP in the US is $79995. Although sporadic dealerships are offering discounts to move pre configured vehicles, they are selling for MSRP and without dealer and employee discounts permitted. I don't even know of Military discount being accepted in the US. The key is whether you want to buy a preconfigured model that is sitting on the lot that they want to move, or build your own. There have been dealers trying to move their allocation fast and, with a few discounts seen...they lasts only days. There is a great article on the Stingray website that debunks the belief of there being so many available and explains the reasoning people think such, which is for the most part dealers advertising before cars are received and whether or not they are a dealer or customer order. Whether that car is available or not, the first phone call is key to dealerships right?

If you can find anyone that has posted that they got a great deal in the US at that price, I would love to see the post.

Easy example is #2 dealer in the world MacMulkin in New Hampshire New Corvettes at MacMulkin Chevrolet Cadillac in Nashua, NH | Serving Lowell on this page you can see the deep discounts they are offering ( upto 11% ) and they honour the other discounts.

The easiest way to get a discount is to join a qualifying Credit Union Savings Worth Smiling About at MacMulkin Chevrolet Cadillac, Nashua, NH, which will give you another 7-9.5% off depending on the car.

I've been researching this since I may be moving down permanently to Florida so trying to figure out if it is easier to sell my 2014 Z51 M7 Coupe here and then buy a 2015 Z51 A8 Convert down there, plus the cost difference.

Easy example is #2 dealer in the world MacMulkin in New Hampshire New Corvettes at MacMulkin Chevrolet Cadillac in Nashua, NH | Serving Lowell on this page you can see the deep discounts they are offering ( upto 11% ) and they honour the other discounts.

Macmulkin is where I got my info from a couple weeks ago .I stop in about twice a month ,Also you don't have to buy off the floor they are more than willing to configure to what you want .Delivery for me would be about 6 wks if there we're no constraints .In my case I'm not interested in a Z06 but I was curious .

While all the availability and discounts everyone has mentioned apply to the Stingray, significant discounts on the Z06 are pretty much non-existent. The last time I looked the Z06 was excluded from the credit union discount, as were most Cadillacs. Not sure about the military discount, but I suspect it won't apply until 2016, but I could be wrong on that. I was actually amazed GM Canada would apply the $750 new grad discount to the Z06. I guess with so few cars coming here, it's not costing them much. As far as availability is concerned, as AllFlash said, availability on web searches does not reflect actual availability for the reasons he mentioned. Some dealers also sell "below MSRP" but then add a market adjustment... which is obviously BS. All the major dealers in the US have long waiting lists waiting get allocations, so while 6 weeks for a Z51 might be possible, even the biggest dealers can't do it on a Z06. My order was accepted in January, and it was over 6 weeks to my TPW, still have to add QC and delivery to that.

While all the availability and discounts everyone has mentioned apply to the Stingray, significant discounts on the Z06 are pretty much non-existent. The last time I looked the Z06 was excluded from the credit union discount, as were most Cadillacs. Not sure about the military discount, but I suspect it won't apply until 2016, but I could be wrong on that. I was actually amazed GM Canada would apply the $750 new grad discount to the Z06. I guess with so few cars coming here, it's not costing them much. As far as availability is concerned, as AllFlash said, availability on web searches does not reflect actual availability for the reasons he mentioned. Some dealers also sell "below MSRP" but then add a market adjustment... which is obviously BS. All the major dealers in the US have long waiting lists waiting get allocations, so while 6 weeks for a Z51 might be possible, even the biggest dealers can't do it on a Z06. My order was accepted in January, and it was over 6 weeks to my TPW, still have to add QC and delivery to that.

Yes your right on some of the factory discounts not applying to the Z06 yet. But typically they kick in about 6 months after introduction unless they are going to treat it like the Cadillac, so might be available in June or July or never.

MacMulkin has 12 Z06's on the floor in inventory.

In speaking to GM, I was told the only discount they would allow would be the Military discount (1K now) and it is still at the discretion of dealers themselves. My dealer initially put right into the contract that all allowable discounts would be included and, later, approached GM about the various discounts as I can get a supplier discount....NOPE!

At 4 p.m. MST today, there were 468 Z06s offered for sale by US dealers on cars.com. 30 were in the VIN range 4020-4197. Photos of cars at the dealers' showroom included VINs 3867, 3852 and 3908. The vast majority of these 468 Z06s were offered at MSRP. A few below.

I'm not saying there are no cars to be had, but the actual number is much much lower than most web searches would suggest. The reason is that orders often get put into a dealerships inventory and added to these sites automatically. However, they do not differentiate between sold orders and stock orders. For example, one of the moderators on another forum did a similar search and saw there were 8 Z06's available at a large sponsor dealer, complete with pictures and window stickers for all of them. He called the dealer up to confirm this, but the dealer told him that in fact all 8 were sold retail customer orders (ie:wait list orders), and there were zero available for sale. I'm sure if you look hard enough, you might find the occasional Z06 below MSRP. I know of one dealer that had a customer walk away from a minimally optioned A8 that he seems pretty motivated to sell. However, below MSRP is the rare exception, not the rule. At MSRP is pretty common. While you might find 468 on a web search, true availability is significantly less.

not many Z06s offered below MSRP

Because I just want one Z06, whether there are 10 or 100 in the USA offered below MSRP is academic. The problems are: 1. the lack of warranty for the first 12,000 km or 6 months in Canada; 2. some cars are on offer at as much as 13% off US MSRP, several at 10%, but the difference in the Canadian MSRP of my long-standing order and the current US MSRP (due to the fall of the Canadian dollar since August, 2014) implies a difference of nearly 20%.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread