YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
Our 2016 Michelin PS2s are Nitrogen filled. Our 2017 Michelins PS2s have Compressed Air. Even though the Nitrogen tire pressures are remaining more stable for us, it sure is sooooo much easier servicing with an Air Compressor than to find Nitrogen and I am thinking of swapping it out in our 2016 this Spring. I was told by a dealer tech to just let the Nitrogen out and refill with my Air Compressor. I like to think this is as simple as this sounds ... but I am also fine asking what might be a rather simple-stupid question and reach out for the opinion of all my fellow OCD (Obsessive Corvette Disorder) colleagues here ...

Last edited:
Nitrogen required, no, better yes. If u are airing up with your own shop compressor make sure that u have regularly drained the tank of moisture. TPMS's don't like moisture.
I have a drain right off the bottom of my upright compressor tank and keep it drained regularly. It's surprising at how much water builds up, especially in warm, humid weather.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Nitrogen required, no, better yes. If u are airing up with your own shop compressor make sure that u have regularly drained the tank of moisture. TPMS's don't like moisture.

You can get a membrane dryer for the saturated air out your shop compressor too. They used to hog about 25-30% of the air as waste flow it but may be better now. Way easier than desicant systems for the garage.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06

Users who are viewing this thread