Jan 29, 2009
On planet Earth
VetteCoins
Car
I give up! I went to Home Depot in the Surfer to get some pipe insulation. I parked in the friggin boonies as the walk is always good exercise. Over course some donkey in a new MB has to park right next to me with just enough room to open their door. WHY? Must be the VY? Who knows.

I always inspect for scratches and take a photo of the neighboring car with my phone-cam to be sure.

Yep... sounds common. I 've got the answer

Attachments

• vette.jpg
    vette.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 14
There's nothing I hate more than ignorant people like that. I had someone park next to my car (not the corvette) a few weeks ago so close to the drivers door, that I could only open the door about 4 inches. I tried to open my door all the way quite a few times. Something kept stopping it though. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, the alternative is to park at an angle, but that always seems to draw more attention....and not the good kind. I don't do it, but after having people park too close to you enough times, I can see why people do that.

Basically I think it just boils down to a lack of manners and respect.

Yep it's true. People WILL go outta there way to park next to a nice car. Not sure why, but whatever you do DON'T park on an angle, that's just begging for trouble.

I actually try to park my vette next to a nice clean car, (when the lot is full) a car I know the owner actually cares about as much as mine, that way there's less chance of idiots who swing their doors wide open.

I actually try to park my vette next to a nice clean car, (when the lot is full) a car I know the owner actually cares about as much as mine, that way there's less chance of idiots who swing their doors wide open.

Me too, and I especially look for nice clean four door cars as the doors won't open as wide as with a big two door car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread