This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Can someone explain to me why people go out of their way to park next to your Vette?

Jan 29, 2009
On planet Earth
VetteCoins
Car
I give up! I went to Home Depot in the Surfer to get some pipe insulation. I parked in the friggin boonies as the walk is always good exercise. Over course some donkey in a new MB has to park right next to me with just enough room to open their door. WHY? Must be the VY? Who knows.

I always inspect for scratches and take a photo of the neighboring car with my phone-cam to be sure.

There's nothing I hate more than ignorant people like that. I had someone park next to my car (not the corvette) a few weeks ago so close to the drivers door, that I could only open the door about 4 inches. I tried to open my door all the way quite a few times. Something kept stopping it though.

Just keep a Baseball Bat or Hammer in the car....and leave it...where it can bee seen...

Well, the alternative is to park at an angle, but that always seems to draw more attention....and not the good kind. I don't do it, but after having people park too close to you enough times, I can see why people do that.

Basically I think it just boils down to a lack of manners and respect.

Yep it's true. People WILL go outta there way to park next to a nice car. Not sure why, but whatever you do DON'T park on an angle, that's just begging for trouble.

I actually try to park my vette next to a nice clean car, (when the lot is full) a car I know the owner actually cares about as much as mine, that way there's less chance of idiots who swing their doors wide open.

I actually try to park my vette next to a nice clean car, (when the lot is full) a car I know the owner actually cares about as much as mine, that way there's less chance of idiots who swing their doors wide open.

Me too, and I especially look for nice clean four door cars as the doors won't open as wide as with a big two door car.

Users who are viewing this thread