AllFlash

Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
My Z06 is a Quebec allocation some 10 hours from Niagara. Is there any way to take delivery in Niagara, or have a Niagara delivery to a local dealership?

I checked options with one of the apparent best private transportation companies and they returned $1250 as a total price, followed by 1100 after I said no, and then $999 before I asked them to stop writing. The hiccup to me in their logo was the fact that only 1% of vehicles transported resulted in subsequent claims...Really? 1/100 chance on my new Z06 is not a good odd.

That is my plan; the concern comes with plating and insuring.. Can I get a temp issued for that until I get back I wonder? And then, after i drive it back...is it still considered a new vehicle or then does it require safety etc?

In BC, if you plan on plating/insuring a car in BC, you can get temporary insurance
to be able to drive it from wherever, to home. Just show your insurance agent the bill of sale, and the registration info for the car.

I have no difficulty at all with insurance (wife is a StateFarm Agent)...the hiccup lies in hoiw I would reghister it before or just after ownership transfer to get it home... I even have personized new plates ready to go.

I have no difficulty at all with insurance (wife is a StateFarm Agent)...the hiccup lies in hoiw I would reghister it before or just after ownership transfer to get it home... I even have personized new plates ready to go.

I got a temp plate from the BC ministry to get me home to Ontario when I picked up my C4 on the Island. I proved that I had insurance (to the registry office) and off we went.

Got it to Ontario and registered it here where they also collect the taxes due.

I expect it's just the same in Quebec but their ministry of transport or their local registry office will have all that info for you.

I was told in BC that paying the taxes in the purchase province would mean that you'd have to apply for a refund from them when you register the vehicle in your home province.
BC allowed me to drive it home without paying any taxes to them so that I could register it here and pay the appropriate taxes here at home at registration.

Colin.

With my dealer, they are not collecting provincial taxes...only federal. It differs dealer to dealer as Kazman described something different from his dealership.

Last edited:
Hi AllFlash,

Here at Gateway we offer no charge delivery to any Corvette Dealership (outside Ontario) across Canada. This does require a Pre-Paid Cash purcahse however. Your Quebec dealer may also be able to do this for you if its a Cash purchase and you coordinate with your local dealer who agrees to participate in this transaction.

Anyone looking to take advantage of this offer please PM me or Call/TXT me at 416-826-7006. We have allocations on hand for 2015 Coupes and Convertibles with or without Z51. No more Z06's... Sorry!

Best Regards,

Not sure really. When the Pontiac line was dropped the Georgian dealer in Barrie switched to Chevrolet. I do not think they are a Corvette dealer. I don't think they have any Vette allocations.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread