May 25, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1974 corvette
Province
NS
Hello everyone,my project is coming along slowly but surely.i have hooker super comp stainless headers and side pipes coming and am going to be wanting to change the camshaft,dome and carb.i already know the carb is going to be a holly 650 with an edelbrock intake however I’m unsure what camshaft would compliment my setup,not looking to go crazy but am looking for alittle more power haha any help is appreciated!

Hello everyone,my project is coming along slowly but surely.i have hooker super comp stainless headers and side pipes coming and am going to be wanting to change the camshaft,dome and carb.i already know the carb is going to be a holly 650 with an edelbrock intake however I’m unsure what camshaft would compliment my setup,not looking to go crazy but am looking for alittle more power haha any help is appreciated!

Summit offers some excellent cams. A nice mid level cam would be great fit.

Reactions: 74blackvette
I would think something like what GM had in the stock 300 horse 350's was plenty enough. Sometimes the jobber cams just don't pan out. Having vacuum is important in the Vette to open the head light doors etc , and you could end up with a cam that don't idle worth a darn and have poor vacuum thus poor brakes etc. A Holley spreadbore on a better intake and headers , true dual exhaust will wake the motor up abit without having to dig into the engine.

I have the comp cams 275DEH which was setup with 461 heads, torker 1 intake and Holley 650. the combo itself worked great, nice lopey idle but not too radical. I've since then changed up pretty much all the other stuff but kept the same cam.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread