Awards
VetteCoins
Car
1974 corvette
Province / State
Nova Scotia
  • C3
  • Nova Scotia
Hello everyone,my project is coming along slowly but surely.i have hooker super comp stainless headers and side pipes coming and am going to be wanting to change the camshaft,dome and carb.i already know the carb is going to be a holly 650 with an edelbrock intake however I’m unsure what camshaft would compliment my setup,not looking to go crazy but am looking for alittle more power haha any help is appreciated!

grumpyfellow

Casual User
Jun 26, 2017
Awards
St. Thomas
VetteCoins
Hello everyone,my project is coming along slowly but surely.i have hooker super comp stainless headers and side pipes coming and am going to be wanting to change the camshaft,dome and carb.i already know the carb is going to be a holly 650 with an edelbrock intake however I’m unsure what camshaft would compliment my setup,not looking to go crazy but am looking for alittle more power haha any help is appreciated!
Summit offers some excellent cams. A nice mid level cam would be great fit.

Reactions: 74blackvette

XFIRE82

Power User
Oct 24, 2014
Awards
Krydor, Saskatchewan
VetteCoins
Car
1982 , 1993
Province / State
Saskatchewan
  • C3
  • C4
  • SK
  • You're Celebrated
  • Spotlight Award
  • Hot Chili
I would think something like what GM had in the stock 300 horse 350's was plenty enough. Sometimes the jobber cams just don't pan out. Having vacuum is important in the Vette to open the head light doors etc , and you could end up with a cam that don't idle worth a darn and have poor vacuum thus poor brakes etc. A Holley spreadbore on a better intake and headers , true dual exhaust will wake the motor up abit without having to dig into the engine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)