Airdrie
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Z51
Province
AB
Jeremiad created a new event:

Camrose Cruisers Show 'n Shine 2017

The annual Show 'n Shine in beautiful downtown Camrose, Alberta is this weekend, July 1st.

The main street (50th Street) will be blocked off to allow parking for cars in the show. Registration starts at 9am, awards will be presented around 4pm. After the show is over, we clear things off of the main street and around 5:30 we line up all of the cars for a cruise up the main street and over to the old folks home on the west side of town.

This is a great show and typically gets over...

Read more about this event...

Reactions: MikeysZ06
so R U going Brian and Paul and why no invite for yours truly I have no life I might have to make other so-called friends Jeff cry cry

OH Sh-t... we should have invited you too ( last year ). Actually, I don't think I had any way of reaching you..... don't think I was Facebook friends with your wife last year and didn't have any contact info........... so that is why! now i do... you gave me your number! LOL

Not going this year... my brother is coming up Saturday from Calgary for the weekend.

B

Sorry jeff, we are headed into edmonton for the day and GULP! not taking the car! well a car but THE car. have a great July 1st everyone!

I found this right on the day of the event ...
If anyone is there and gets this post ... please take pictures to show us what it is like.
With hopes of creating an appetite of prioritizing to go next year for some of us.
Thank you

(I know the website has photos ... I just like to see & know of first hand comments & pictures from our members)​

This year's Corvette attendance was surprisingly low. To be fair though, the overall number of cars was a fair bit lower than usual with a total of about 130 cars. Usually this show averages between 150-175 cars, and has been over 200 cars on a couple of occasions with perfect weather. I'm sure the weather forecast didn't help things much, with a 41% chance of less than 1mm of rain, some people are afraid that their car might disintegrate. It also happened to fall on a long weekend and the first weekend after school was out, so many people may have been camping or had other plans.

Spence, I would love to give you an honest assessment of this show, but as a key organizer of this event for twenty years now, it is quite possible that I am probably unfairly biased. The setting for the show is downtown on the main street in the town (city actually, but to me 15k is not a city), which is beautifully remodeled storefronts that have largely been restored to bring back their historic appearances, and certainly lends well to the restored classics that sit in front of them. There are also many stores to shop through while the show goes on to keep the wives occupied if they aren't interested in the cars. There are usually several vendors on each corner providing car stuff, drinks, eats, and treats. It has always been one of my favorite car shows, and I haven't missed a show in 25 years. I have traveled from BC and even from South Texas in order to be there, so for me it really is a "can't miss" event.

After the Show 'n Shine is over, we line up all of the cars that want to participate in a cruise event where we parade up and down the main street while people line the streets in lawn chairs and on tailgates to watch. When it gets dark, we put on a drive-in movie on the outside wall of the arena complete with audio through your car stereo (we have outdoor speakers as well for those hot rods with no radio) for people to experience the way it once was. We even have many old clips of cartoons and drive-in movie commercials to relive the days of old. This year the drive-in movie was on Sunday, because the Canada Day fireworks were at the same location and time on Saturday night.

Here are the requisite Corvette entries for the Show 'n Shine, and you can see all of the participants here: 2017 Show 'n Shine

DSC_3000.jpg DSC_3062.jpg DSC_3019.jpg DSC_3001.jpg

Last edited:
Who took my ZR1 to the show this year... I thought it was in my garage! ;)

I enjoyed the show last year..... could be the economy, never know.

The economy didn't hurt our mountain cruise..... great numbers there

B

Thanks for the write up and word of your involvement. Knowing this, it will step up my desire to attend in support of what our Forum Troop does in their "spare time".
As I reside at Pigeon Lake over the Summer, it is not out-of-the way for me. It's just a matter of when the school year wraps up for our Daughter (3 years left) and when we get ourselves to Ma-Me-O Beach. Then to make sure that I take the Stingray. This year did not work well but I will plan for it a year from now with hope to encourage it as a CCF event day for a few of us. Cheers!

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Great pictures Jordy. Some pretty well preserved classics and rare vehicles. The Toyota Stout surprised me... Never did see many of them... lol...

Great pictures of some cars and trucks I have not seen in a long time. One I had no idea what it is.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.:thumbs:

Only one? Wow! You are better than I am! lol. There were a few that I couldn't figure out.

Like this one. Sure, it says Suzuki. But a Suzuki what?
DSC_3103.jpg
When he pulled up I could hear a diesel engine running under the hood, and I was confused. I've never seen anything quite like this thing, so I asked him about it. He told me it is one of one. He built it himself. It's a mish-mash of parts, and the box he said he fabricated completely himself.

And this thing. WTF is this? I still don't know what this thing is.
DSC_3029.jpg
I asked the fella what it is, but I couldn't understand what he told me. After asking twice and still not understanding what he was saying, I just let it go. Whatever it is, that's a newer LS engine under the hood.

And what the heck is this thing?
DSC_3008.jpg
It looks like an old Willys Jeep body with a small block Chevy and an old sedan grill with a tractor engine cover?

It really is neat to see what people come up with in their garages over the long winter in pursuit of having something unique. Kudos to these guys for their creations. They definitely are unique, and I for one love taking a close look at this stuff. Studying all of the little bits and pieces and figuring out where the parts came from and how they put them together is like an adult game of Where's Waldo.

Attachments

• DSC_3029.jpg
    DSC_3029.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_3103.jpg
    DSC_3103.jpg
    807.8 KB · Views: 8
Lol....I pondered over the same cars Jord... I would bet the Suzuki is a modded Suzuki 8/ LJ80, and I think you're exactly right on the Willys Rat Rod.... The other one....I dunno... Looks like something off the Adams family...lol....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread