I'm New Here
Mar 2, 2019
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2017 GS
Province
ON
Sorry Folks: I don't post much but did have a question about the front camera on my 2017 C7 GS. Has anyone been able to have the camera automatically activated on start of the vehicle without doing it manually? Thank you

It’s not supposed to come on on startup. I think you need to be in gear for it to come on.

Oh you’re talking about Valet Mode. You need to set that up. And you have to put it in valet mode manually there’s no way around it unfortunately

Sorry Folks: I don't post much but did have a question about the front camera on my 2017 C7 GS. Has anyone been able to have the camera automatically activated on start of the vehicle without doing it manually? Thank you

Do you mean the PDR camera or the curb cameras? The answers above on the PDR/Vallet cam are 100%. The curb cams will come on automatically although I have not drilled down into the how.

I used it once for shts and giggles on my first oil change. Go to the PDR screen, set it for Valet mode, put in a password...yada yada yada... And it turns on when they start the car. Then when you get the car back you need the password to get out of valet mode off... Then you have to reset your own oil life as they can't access any of those functions when it's set to valet..Oh yeah... Valet mode does not record sound either to protect other peoples privacy... LOL.... Likely will never use it again as have no intention of allowing an actual valet to drive my car.

Reactions: BDK
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.