wetelvis

2 You're 10
Jan 5, 2011
Victoria
VetteCoins
Car
01 conv
Caliper covers or paint? Do you like what you've got or do you wish you went the other way and pictures please visual stimulation thing and all!
Thanks Elvis

don't get those cheap covers off ebay. you got a vette,not a ricer. paint em with high temp ceramic paint. those covers hold in heat and just promote brake fade. I cringe every time i see those chinese junk

Hi 07silvervette17
Exactly the opposite they all claim they do! I was going that way just because they covered more of the rear calipers and it seemed alot easer then getting all 4 corners of the car of the ground at once.
I did talk to some guys here at specialty tire shop and they said they would paint the calipers when they installed the tires had I purchased them from them. I think I should ask if they would still do it for me if I have them mount the wheels and sync the new pressure sensors. Then I can have them painted white to match the car:)
Are you on the Mainland?

Hi 07silvervette17
Exactly the opposite they all claim they do! I was going that way just because they covered more of the rear calipers and it seemed alot easer then getting all 4 corners of the car of the ground at once.
I did talk to some guys here at specialty tire shop and they said they would paint the calipers when they installed the tires had I purchased them from them. I think I should ask if they would still do it for me if I have them mount the wheels and sync the new pressure sensors. Then I can have them painted white to match the car:)
Are you on the Mainland?

yep,beware of instant spray paint jobs-they will brown out with heat,especially cheap caliper spray paint.I do calipers off car,complete clean with powder coat wash. 4 coats high temp ceramic paint on each caliper with 6 hour dry between coats.you must do many coats of self leveling ceramic to get good gloss look! $200 all 4 plus shipping.

I bought some new calipers for my Silverado SS.I painted them with a brush with the Duplicolour kit.They came out nice and still look like new,2 months later.I think the fact that they were new made it easier.

I did mine 3 years ago with rustoleum high heat spray paint , look like the day i did them still and my vette isnt a sunny day driver only . Main thing is to clean the calipers real well and take time to let the calipers dry real good between coats. Much nicer i think than the bolt on covers as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.