It is a more curious and curious experience. If there are problems I'd be just as happy with ripping it all out anyway. I probably would never install one so I'm sure I'd never miss it.

WETT. I've learned something new and I hope I can throw it around when I call the insurer on Monday!

oh-oh.... so supplementing heat in the house with a couple of old 45 gallon drums doubling as wood burners is probably not a good idea? Darn.... :rolleyes:

barrel.jpg

I actually do have a gas furnace in the garage too. But the exhaust pipe is for some reason missing. But at this point I don't have too much interest in heating the garage. I was always under the impression that a heated garage is dynamite for corrosion. You have an above zero temperature piece of steel and you open a door and cold moist air rushes in and the first thing it does is to condense on warm metal. Repeat and it just leads to problems............

So I checked with a friend in Spirit River to confirm that I can still borrow his enclosed trailer (for boxes and furnature, not car sized) and I'm picking it up this morning after I drop Aidan off at school.

Still no word from the real estate guy about getting the keys at noon today.

Plus calling the insurance people to make sure they don't mess this up for me.

And loading peas to take them to the seed cleaning plant for this spring's planting..............

It is so close, oh so close!!

So trailer acquired. Odd but on the way back, maybe 20 km in to the trip, there is a vibration, and a bad one at that. Fueled up in Fairview, then it was really bad, down to 60 - 70 km/hr. Maybe a drive shaft universal joint? Make it home, check the three u-joints and the steady bearing and all seems OK. Checked the transmission oil level and it is right up there too. Hopefully it is not transmission internals!

So the insurance problem was actually not to do with the wood furnace. It was because there were two different levels of coverage and with a $62 difference which did I want. Sheesh!

So just talked with the real estate agent. Keys are on the counter! Door open ready for me!

Going to strap down the Z06 and then take it to is new home.................................

Snowed more but what can you do. At least there won't be any more snow on the Z06!! I'm even excited to have visitation rights over the winter too!

With luck more the Mustang today too, then perhaps put the white truck on the enclosed trailer and go get the first load of my gf's boxes which were stored in the basement at my parents place...................

Sorry for hijacking the thread but it sure was sort of fun to have you guys along.

Wish I didn't have to start the Z06 at -5 but the only time ever I hope....................

Cheers,

Garry

So picked up the trailer from my friend this morning. Developed a severe vibration on the way home. i suspect it is a universal joint on the drive shaft that is going. I got underneath when I got home and the three seem to be fine, ditto with the steady bearing but it sure behaves like a u-joint. you get the vibration, back off the throttle and it immediately goes away. Checked the transmission oil level and it was right full.

So got the trailer home after a 55 km distance traveled at 65 km/hr but at least got home.

Confirmed that I had the house keys and then strapped down the Z06 and off to Fairview! My gf met me there and unloaded the car. Yes, I have some pictures but you'll need to give me a day or two. Then back home and fire up the Mustang and off to Fairview so they are parked side by side - good company for the winter!

Went inside the house and I have to admit that I like it even more. But then again I don't require overly fancy digs either.

Then back home, go to my parents, have supper and load up all my gf's stuff that was in the basement, filled the trailer but got it all in.

So tomorrow I have a dentist appointment, need to switch towing trucks and then mom and dad said they would help me unload the trailer which is super. Mom I think is 73 and dad is 81!

Then one more load - my gf's furnature and then some things here at the acreage and then comes unpacking!

I'll probably bring more of my things from the acreage but I'll take my time..................a bit at at time.................

But super nice to have the house and the cars won't see any more snow!!!!!!

Battery minder plugged in too.................

Cheers,

Garry

Finally!

One other funny event. I forgot a case of the required A&W Rootbeer in the trunk of the Mustang and remembering this discovered that 5 of the 12 cans froze and split. It wasn't too bad of a mess but of the remaining 7 that didn't some had the top and bottom swell out and they looked funny! One top came off and I never realized that these were pressed on and had a sort of teflon tape like strip to seal them.............

And of course my video file is 93 MB and there is a 9 MB limit. So maybe I'll see about loading it on YouTube.................

Attachments

• P1050537.JPG
    P1050537.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • P1050540.JPG
    P1050540.JPG
    744.3 KB · Views: 7
So the truth is out now.

Yep. I'm a non-closeted adult male fan of My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic. And yes this was before I got the Mustang! The Mustang does have the license plate "RNBODSH" as well. I was so surprised it wasn't already taken.........! I have Rainbow Dash stickers on the back door windows of the Sentra and sometimes people laugh at that. But I have the same stickers on the back window of the Z06 and nobody laughs at those, especially when i start the engine in a parking lot somewhere!

And ya, I've got stuffies of many of the MLP characters, one hangs from the rear view mirror in the Sentra, I even have decals for my thumbnails. I was actually introduced to the series by my son - he and some the guys in his class watched the cartoon. Anyway maybe two or three Christmas' ago I had mom make us a set of matching touques and scarves. My son doesn't wear his much anymore but I still wear mine and you can't believe the compliments I get on it, especially from women!! They seem to like a man who can think for himself.

The story is that I don't want my son (nor any child for that matter) to be gender streamed in things. Like what you like and bugger anyone who thinks otherwise. It is nice as (I think) my son's classmates don't even blink an eye at me any more. To the kids in the older grades I'm known as "Banana Man" since I drive yellow vehicles and wear yellow clothes. To the kids in the younger grades I'm "Rainbow Dash".

I'm even in the process of getting my helmet (when I autocross) done with Rainbow Dash. My gf even chipped in $200 for this project............

One of the kids in grade 2 or 3 on Monday passed me after I dropped my son off and turned to look at me as he walked by and said "Hey Rainbow Dash, I sure love your Corvette!". Now if that doesn't give your step a bit of bounce I'm not sure what could!

So yes, as well as yellow cars and a yellow pickup, my tilt deck trailer is yellow and my yard shed is also yellow.

Like they say, "To thine own self be true"!

Anyway, moved my gf's 1st load of stuff to the new house. With mom and dad's help it only took an hour. Hopefully load her furniture tonight or tomorrow morning and then let the unpacking begin! My stuff I'll move at a slower pace sort of one carload at a time. More patient I guess.
P1050544.JPG

But I hope that I'll get time off for having it under cover for at least the next six years..............................!

Ya, it just proves you have to be patient with these things. If it is meant to work out it will.................

Nice to see the Corvette in its new home!!! Yahooo! Looong forward to the house pics.
I remember once leaving cans of pop in a car over winter, that was a mess, but eventually did clean up. None of the tips came off like yours so it's interesting seeing how they are pressed on.
I don't know anything about MLP, but who's your least favourite character?

Good evening Riley,

Brought over two trailer loads, finished moving my gf pretty well.

Met Aidan after school today and we walked home together. Living the dream! Gives us a taste of what it will be like when we're 100% in there.

We went to the house and started to put beds together until it was time to drive back to the acreage..

Well, you did ask............... Of the Mane 6, I probably don't really care for Pinky Pie and Rarity. Next to Rainbow Dash I actually like Fluttershy.......................Another character I love is Derpy and of course Discord - voiced by John De Lancie who did Q in Star Trek:TNG. And I also like MLP as the 4th generation is done in Vancouver with a lot of Canadian voice actors.

Cheers,

Garry

What a whirl-wind. So the first full week has passed. Most of the unpacking is done. A new sectional to bring yet which has arrived but a week now starting of -25 highs and -30 lows so I think I'm going to be delaying that.

It is such a change in our lives. Dropped 12 lb which I needed to do and still need to do more of. My gf has been walking every day for a week now even on the weekends when she is getting out of bed rather than sleeping in and even my son has had a super attitude about walking for 30 minutes in the morning to use the time when we would have been driving.

So no pictures but my camera battery is dead and I need to add the charger to my list of things to bring from the acreage!

Heck my gf even has me helping with painting the shelves in the storage room in the basement - a job I particularly detest - it has almost seemed like fun!

I did my first golf course trail on Saturday morning too, but i have to admit that I like walking with streetlights.

However, the people here have a really poor attitude towards walkers. I don't use the sidewalk but stick to the shoulder of the roads and I've been honked at by a school bus driver, had a lady in a van stop within inches of me and glare at me, people shaking their heads. They seem to think somehow that there is a requirement for me to use a sidewalk when there is one which of course there isn't. And yes I double checked with the RCMP even just to be sure. I mean if there was a parked car they seem to have no trouble moving 10 feet from the shoulder so I can't see why my being within 3 or 4 feet of the shoulder is proving to be such a challenge for some. Maybe they got their drivers licenses from submitting so many box tops from Kellogg's breakfast cereal and are not familiar with the rules of the road??!!

My experience in Spirit River when I walked and ran for 10 years was I had more close calls almost being backed over by cars coming out of their driveways not expecting to see someone on the sidewalk at 6:30 in the morning. But they do look for vehicles on the street so they would see me. And yes I wear a reflective vest and a head light.

Plus since there are not always sidewalks on every street, I don't want to be darting from the sidewalk to the street unexpectedly. I want to be consistent so there are no surprises to drivers. But their attitude is so poor. Thankfully there are some people that give me big smiles and wave back so that is making up for it. Really, I mean unless you need your vehicle for work at work or to bring something heavy home or have a disability why would anyone walk in a town that is only 3 km in length??

But yes, it is overall better than I would have ever dreamed!

And I will admit I peek in the garage from time to time to see my "ladies"! So nice!

Cheers,

Garry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.