It's not even due for it's first service so i don't know how GM could deny powertrain warranty. I would have that included on the bill of sale as well. Easy to pull GM warranty/service history with the vin. I would hope that a technician capable of working on Lambo's could change the oil in a Corvette. I also know that the odd GM dealer has screwed up an oil change on a dry sump system:)
Might depend what they mean/meant by "serviced" Could just be a wash and wax and interior clen to make it look spiffy,
And then check liquid levels. Don't see why they would change oils or anything.
Never the less it would be nice to know what it did in those first few K's

Reactions: YFCvii
It's not even due for it's first service so i don't know how GM could deny powertrain warranty. I would have that included on the bill of sale as well. Easy to pull GM warranty/service history with the vin. I would hope that a technician capable of working on Lambo's could change the oil in a Corvette. I also know that the odd GM dealer has screwed up an oil change on a dry sump system:)

That car saw it’s first oil change/ service at 500-1000 km or it may not have a warranty on the engine anymore.
Unlikey however as they make it crystal clear in the manual and at delivery to have the breakin service done. The first 4 or 5 are free for a new corvette.

Oddly enough we got 9 free oil changes with the Cadillac. 😱

That car saw it’s first oil change/ service at 500-1000 km or it may not have a warranty on the engine anymore.
Unlikey however as they make it crystal clear in the manual and at delivery to have the breakin service done. The first 4 or 5 are free for a new corvette.

Oddly enough we got 9 free oil changes with the Cadillac. 😱
Sold new at Jack Carter, one recall completed, no first service showing in gm records

Maybe it’s different for the first oil change on the ZR1?
It’s not horribly over but still....
500 miles i read, 800ish kms so yes slightly overdue. Why risk a possible issue? I suppose if Lamborghini did a proper service with the correct 0 40 now recommended you might be okay. I'd still feel better if it was recorded in the GM service history.

Visited an “old friend” today .... well, I’m gonna check the VIN tonight to make sure she was the same. Got distracted by another beauty while I was there that would match my Wife’s Sterling Blue Metalic Z51... 😳
898EFE74-7BDA-41D4-BDD5-55AC9EC8F9B5.jpeg

B37463FE-CFE7-48F9-ADF6-D9D253CC80FB.jpeg

... so she was tracked ... it was a been there and done it for the owner ...
didn't even remove the wrap from the clear roof (that you can see in the hatch)

here's the distraction ...
D7A837E1-E47C-412D-8723-71A85F1662F5.jpeg

... trying hard not to notice as it sure looks terrible outside from our record dump of "white crap" ...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread