Jul 25, 2021
Kenosee Lake, Saskatchewan
VetteCoins
Car
2017 GS LT2 7M LBR
Province
SK
17 GS LT2 M7 originally bought at Jack Carter in Calgary. I bought the car used from a dealership in Edmonton with only 1 key. I’m wondering if anyone might know the original owner and if I might be lucky enough to get the second key. Any info would be appreciated.

D00E4BB1-FD8B-4724-A19D-9722FDD3F932.jpeg

I suggest you drop by Jack Carter dealership and see if they can get you another key. When I picked up my 2017 GS there in Oct of 2016 I received tags with the key code in case I ever needed a new one.

Whoops - just noticed that you are in Sask - perhaps a phone call to their parts department would work

Great looking new car.

Best bet is advice given; call up the dealership it was purchased and see if they can help you with the key code, more than likely will need to get another yourself

17 GS LT2 M7 originally bought at Jack Carter in Calgary. I bought the car used from a dealership in Edmonton with only 1 key. I’m wondering if anyone might know the original owner and if I might be lucky enough to get the second key. Any info would be appreciated.
Nice Ride & congrats.

I helped sell a 2017 C7 last year for a friend and only had one fob/key i my hands. The other fob was overseas and very costly
time consuming and risky to return (especially during covid) ... so
I visited the Parts Dept at Northgate in Edmonton and was able to order a duplicate fob/key for the new Owner.
They had to order the cut key and had it to me within a week or so. As far as I know, this is something you have to
do at a Corvette Dealership and prove ownership of the VIN# in person. Hope this works for you as it really wasn't
very hard to get replaced. FYI you MUST reprogram all the fobs to the car after because you definitely want
to erase recognition of the second fob that you do not have - very important for all resale C7 owners to do
as far as I am concerned as you never know the previous owner - especially if a second fob is not turned over.

It cost about $175 + reprogramming of the Corvette's fobs ... but there is zero concern from my Buyer about
their C7 being stolen. I had the Seller cover the cost ... but you will have to absorb it now that you own the VIN#.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rendawg
I will go the route of a replacement thru a dealer, but thought why not give this a try, might just get lucky!!!!
Yes it would save the fob/key replacement cost. I would not forgo the process of wiping & reprogramming the fobs on any resale Corvette purchase - just to make sure - and because I have OCD (obsessive corvette disorder). There is a thread I always think of on here (gone in seconds).

• Agree
Reactions: Rendawg
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.