They know absolutely nothing, because to GM, there is not even going to be a mid engine Corvette. The dealer is just trying to get you to commit to ordering from them, and perhaps you might find if you call them, they might ask for a deposit for you to secure your place in line.

I know nothing about this dealership, not about if they ever sell Corvettes, whether they have zero integrity, or conversely they sell a bunch of Corvettes annually, are totally trustworthy. Going to take another CFF member to help you learn about where they fit on that continuum.

I am not opposed to anyone placing a deposit to secure their place in a dealership pre-ordering — in fact placed my deposit on a 2020 mid engine on Feb. 1, 2015 (not a typo). But before I did that, I learned that that U.S. dealership is the third largest in the country, has a written time and date stamped ordering list, and is as honorable and trustworthy in taking deposits onto their list and delivering, in that same order, Corvettes to their customers.

Hope someone here will know all about the specific dealer’s solicitation you found. Also, I suggest you investigate if this person is even a staff person at a reputatble dealer or just a car broker???

I'd be interested knowing if there is an actual GM Dealership tied to this … I phoned the number and got a fella named "Ninno"
… little bit of googling and found a salesperson name at a GM Dealership Northshore Vancouver …

I also verified with an unrelated top 10 Corvette GM Dealership and was told this is would be apparent "smoke" at this point in time …
I copied the listing here in case we see it gone ... I removed all the hyperlinks ...
Most concerning is I see a posting of a Stock # which kinda leads to the impression its now an inventory item :Shrug2:

reply ☎
Posted 17 days ago
favorite this post 2020 CHEVROLET CORVETTE MID ENGINE C8 ALL NEW (GREATER VANCOUVER) hide this posting
image 1 of 2
00N0N_cWYivfH3oOm_600x450.jpg

00404_bQeQGmI2OyX_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data ©
2019 2020 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8 V8
condition: new
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
paint color: red
title status: clean
transmission: other
2020 CHEVROLET CORVETTE MID ENGINE C8 ALL NEWMID ENGINE!!!
2020 CHEVROLET CORVETTE MID ENGINE C8 ALL NEW

ALL NEW C8 CHEVROLET CORVETTE AWESOME!!!
WOW HURRY!!!
PLACE YOUR FACTORY ORDER TODAY!!!
NO DEALER MARK UP!!!

OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK
PHONE ORDERS OK
DO CALL NOW !!

DRIVE JAW DROPPING RIDE !!!! RARE FIND !!!!
HURRY!!! RARE SPORTS CAR!! REMOVABLE TARGA TOP

V8 6.2 LITRE
REAR WHEEL DRIVE!!
BLACK WHEELS
RED EXTERIOR (BLACK WHITE AND MORE)
NAVIGATION
CAMERAS
BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR AND MORE CHOICES
Air conditioning
TARGA TOP REMOVABLE
Power locks windows mirrors
remote keyless
Am fm stereo
And many more options

Call mobile 604. 655. 81. 11, for
details as soon as possible!

Stock# S887091
Dealer# 90-10743

CASH PURCHASE OR
BANK FINANCE OAC
AT COMPETIVE RATES

MSRP FACTORY ORDER PRICING
NO DEALER MARK UP!!!
Documentation fee extra cost $598
Taxes and fees extra

PRICE, STOCK, AVAILABILITY AND TERMS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
FINANCE OAC
TRADES OK
OVER 50 YEARS OF DEALERSHIP SALES AND SERVICE

KEY WORDS: Porsche 911, Aston Martin Vantage, Mercedes-Benz Ford Thunderbird, Audi A5 Cabriolet, Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible, Porsche 911, Aston Martin Vantage, Mercedes-Benz e-350 Cabriolet, Audi S5 cabriolet, Infiniti G37 convertible, Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS, FORD MUSTANG, Audi RS 5, Lexus IS, Audi S5 cabriolet, Volvo C70, Toyota Solara Convertible and the Lexus IS convertible, SILVERADO SIERRA, MALIBU, Colorado canyon gmc Chevrolet cruze sonic encore buick Cadillac xt5 ats cts ct6 trax bolt ev volt equinox terrain traverse escalade verano spark enclave xts tundra Tacoma frontier f150 ford ram dodge
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 6730275634

posted: 17 days ago

updated: about 4 hours ago

Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping.

Last edited:
I did a little research, Googled their dealer number, it is Carter GM Vancouver. I suspect overly aggressive sales manager or sales person but regardless whatever you post is a reflection on the dealership.

Reactions: frankmp and YFCvii
From my point view, because I am not in the market for a new Corvette, anyone who takes any of this seriously needs to come talk to me. I can make unbelievable promises with the best of them (Oh, BTW, deposit is non-refundable, its in the teeny- tiny-itsy-bitsy small print). Until the car is revealed and GM finally tells us something official, it is all great entertainment to read about all the speculation and look at all of the renderings. Especially when I want break from the paperwork

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Each of us can believe what we choose. I know, as do some of my friends, from repeat work with a couple of selected dealers, that:

1) From honest dealers, the deposit is fully refundable as the law specifies in many states in the U.S., all deposits are refundable until your actual order is placed (do not know about Canadian law);
2) That several of the dealers we have worked with, have refunded in full the deposit without a hassle, even after they placed an individual order; here are three specific cases of dealers with integrity who refunded a customers deposit:

One case was for a service person called to duty over seas, another case was a person who lost his job, another one who had a divorce and said, “I can no longer afford the car.”

And 3,) These dealers with whom we work, have a time and date stamped priority list and will share at the time you make your deposit what the specific number you are in their internal priority list.

I have no doubts that my dealer (and several selected others), will treat me 100% honestly and positively.

For those who are having issues, directly or by poor internet reputation of/with your closest dealer, please choose another one who has full integrity.

The 2020 Corvette will be a mid-engine, cost what an entry 2019 GS lists for, and will be one amazing machine.

All will see on reveal day for themselves that asuspicions were/are unfounded. In the interim, I and some others will choose to post more information, more renderings, and more information. May all decide as they wish.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.