Thanks for the info Dennis but I have to say that I've lost my enthusiasm for Corvette's "special performance models" such as the Z06 and ZR1.
I'm 51 years old and all my life I aspired to own a Corvette. That dream was always attainable for a hard working person if they save their money and worked hard.
I finally achieved that dream with the purchase of my 2020 Coupe followed 3 years later with my 2023 Convertible.
My plan was to then step up to a Z06 and possibly a ZR1.
When I bought my 2020 I was basing my future purchase of a Z06 off of the 2019 C7 Z06 base price of $93.795. My thoughts were the base price of a C8 Z06 were going to go up to around $110,000.
Here we are in 2023 and the price of a 2024 Z06 in Canada starts at a whopping $159,316!!! What will the ZR1 start at $200,000?
Chevy has gone way too far on the pricing for these vehicles and priced it out of the range of your average Corvette buyer.
Anyhow like they say "first world problem" I already have a beautiful 2023 Corvette and complaining that I cant afford a Z06 sounds ridiculous to the average person so I'll stop right here.

I hope the high prices don't end up doing to the Vette what happened to the Viper and price most people out of the market. By the looks of it that wont happen as people are still lining up to buy the Corvette

Thanks for the info Dennis but I have to say that I've lost my enthusiasm for Corvette's "special performance models" such as the Z06 and ZR1.
I'm 51 years old and all my life I aspired to own a Corvette. That dream was always attainable for a hard working person if they save their money and worked hard.
I finally achieved that dream with the purchase of my 2020 Coupe followed 3 years later with my 2023 Convertible.
My plan was to then step up to a Z06 and possibly a ZR1.
When I bought my 2020 I was basing my future purchase of a Z06 off of the 2019 C7 Z06 base price of $93.795. My thoughts were the base price of a C8 Z06 were going to go up to around $110,000.
Here we are in 2023 and the price of a 2024 Z06 in Canada starts at a whopping $159,316!!! What will the ZR1 start at $200,000?
Chevy has gone way too far on the pricing for these vehicles and priced it out of the range of your average Corvette buyer.
Anyhow like they say "first world problem" I already have a beautiful 2023 Corvette and complaining that I cant afford a Z06 sounds ridiculous to the average person so I'll stop right here.

I hope the high prices don't end up doing to the Vette what happened to the Viper and price most people out of the market. By the looks of it that wont happen as people are still lining up to buy the Corvette
I am a car guy, not just a corvette guy. I want the best vehicles in their each category and more than one. ZR1 will be $300k Canadian. I rather have 3 100k vehicles that are best in their class than 1 $300k toy.

Agree, but for the cost of housing in Toronto you could have 5 ZR1's. One for sleeping, one for cooking, one for watching TV, one for your bathroom and one to drive..... :Biggrin:
The same applies for Vancouver!

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread