They all claim to be number 1, means nothing. WN and BC both sold around 65-75 for 2020, Spencer might have have hit 40 given Dec sales but that's it.
True enough, but they have been very honest and forthcoming so I tend to believe them.

I'm inclined to believe a text message from the GM of the dealership stating their delivered numbers but to each their own..
When I was shopping around in late August I didn't find many of them to be very forthcoming with numbers but that is somewhat understandable given the competitive pressures. However, one good indicator of the size of their waitlist was how hesitant they were to take my 2019 Grand Sport in on trade. Knowing that they have 12 months to finalize the transaction it was pretty clear as to who felt they could deliver my new C8 within the 12 month period. W-N and Spencer showed little if any interest in the trade and Cullen not a lot more. A couple of the mid sized dealers around the GTA were very open to taking the trade right now and I ended up going back to Tom Beard at Humberview where I have purchased my 3 C7s. their projected delivery date was July 2022 so they now have my GS on the showroom floor. They also have two other 2019 C7s on the floor plus two used C8s. High prices but all four are very low km and absolutely spotless inside and out.

Wow! GM did an awesome job with the Z06…now I want one too! When the 2001 Z06 came out in 2000, I waited until early Sept 2001 to order mine. I got it (2002 model) in December at $2,000 off the $72,000 MSRP. Just a 3 month wait - those days are gone! How long do you guys think I’d be waiting if I was able to get on a Z06 list now? Are dealers still taking deposits?

Wow! GM did an awesome job with the Z06…now I want one too! When the 2001 Z06 came out in 2000, I waited until early Sept 2001 to order mine. I got it (2002 model) in December at $2,000 off the $72,000 MSRP. Just a 3 month wait - those days are gone! How long do you guys think I’d be waiting if I was able to get on a Z06 list now? Are dealers still taking deposits?
Here in Ontario the majority of dealers already have waitlists, all around 3-4 model years long based on their c8 Stingray sales numbers.

Thanks. Putting one down tomorrow 😀
My advice would be spend a day or two reaching out to several dealerships doing some research. Most important questions being:
Will it be sold at MSRP?
How much is the deposit and is it refundable?
How many currently on your waitlist?
How many regular C8s did you deliver last year (this will help you determine roughly how many z06s they may get as it's roughly around 20-25% of stingray allocations.
Best of luck.

Reactions: Zedder
With the Z06 expected to be "the next best thing" I'll ask what others have experienced getting on waiting lists and what dealers have said about the ultimate sale price. I'll start with what I was told last w/e when I made the rounds amongst the 3 dealers in my City, who sell the most Corvettes:

-dealer #1: only 2 people on their list, however they require a $10,000 refundable deposit to get on the list (non-refundable once order in) AND you must agree up-front to pay $50,000 over MSRP. I passed.
-dealer #2: 38 people on their list, no deposit required but $5,000 non-refundable deposit payable when get allocation/make order; selling at MSRP. I passed due to so many on list before me.
-dealer #3: 15 people on their list, rest is the same as #2 above. I'm now #16 on their list.

Dealer #1 is convinced the Z06 will be ++rare and dealers will get very few allocations, or at least that's their rationale for asking "market-price" up-front. Dealer #2 on the other hand, expected the C8 Z06 to be about the same as what happened with the C7 generation where they received 10 Z06's amongst the 24 allocations they got: so 14 Stingrays and 10 Z06's. That sounded odd to me since other Forums had people speculating there'd likely be one Z06 for every 4 or 5 C8 Stingrays. But who knows??

Finally, I've been on a Z06 list since December 3/20 with the out-of-town dealer where I bought my Stingray: no deposit required due to my past C8 purchase and I'm #5. Like the Stingray, I think it a good idea to be on multiple lists. Hopefully by the Fall of 2022 when we're able to submit Z06 orders, the world will be back to "normal" for 2023 vehicle production/delivery and there will be far fewer delays. There you have it. Hope this helps out and I look forward to hearing about what's happened with others.
That’s Crazy. I ordered my wife’s G wagon 3 years ago picked it up in the fall 5000 deposit and paid Msrp 250,000 It should be level playing field when buy it from the dealership and then from that point open season

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.