Power User
Jun 21, 2011
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
1970 & 2015 Stingray
Province
AB
Well, after watching several introduction reviews with Tadge, he has confirmed that GM will be reinstating the Engine Build Experience. That will be an incredible experience to build a 5.5 liter quad cam 32 valve engine at Bowling Green.

I am wondering how many people would be prepared to dish out the $ required to have a C8 Z06 that you can say you helped build? Past Z06 build experiences cost $5k USD. 🤔

To boot, you will have a plaque attached to the engine intake with your name as the engine builder, just like past Z06 and ZR1 engines had on the GM build experience.

Intriguing thought, dream on until then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12cents
I can see how this could be enticing to some /many.
I spent a good bit of my working life building cars until retirement.
Rather than being paid - to think that I'd ever pay a dime to "help" assemble any of it, is beyond my realm of thought.
I'd be ok with watching / following my own build go through the plant. Helps to keep those assemblers on their toes!

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
I can see how this could be enticing to some /many.
I spent a good bit of my working life building cars until retirement.
Rather than being paid - to think that I'd ever pay a dime to "help" assemble any of it, is beyond my realm of thought.
I'd be ok with watching / following my own build go through the plant. Helps to keep those assemblers on their toes!
I'm with you. Wrenched on enough stuff to want to pay $5K to do more work. Just give me the damn thing and let me enjoy it.

If I had the time, I’d love to participate in building my engine. One of my best memories with my father was rebuilding my 1973 Toyota Celica engine top to bottom and I find the ICE design fascinating, a “work of mechanical art”and best understood when viewed from the inside out. The Z06 will be my dream car so having a hand in it would be fantastic IMO but as always, this is another personal choice item. I’d also like to experience the Museum delivery if it were open to Canadians, given the rave reviews people give that process.

Reactions: turbozig
One of my best memories with my father was rebuilding my 1973 Toyota Celica engine top to bottom
One of my best memories was rebuilding my '71 Duster 340 engine with fiancé now wife. She built the right side and I built the left side. After that the dam thing would only go left! ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.