Screenshot (141).png

Reactions: OttawaKev
I'm getting the Z51 package but would have preferred the all-seasons that come with the base car, as C8Liz posted. I would not drive my C8 enough in winter to be worth separate winter tires, but I would on the nicer days, so all-seasons would been a better all around choice for me.

Not sure why GM didn't offer that as an option. It would not have been any more costly or complicated from an inventory standpoint.

I'm getting the Z51 package but would have preferred the all-seasons that come with the base car, as C8Liz posted. I would not drive my C8 enough in winter to be worth separate winter tires, but I would on the nicer days, so all-seasons would been a better all around choice for me.

Not sure why GM didn't offer that as an option. It would not have been any more costly or complicated from an inventory standpoint.

The reason why is because the Z51 is a track performance package. You don't run all-season tires on the track. If you wanted the all-seasons and never track your car, why spend the $5,900?

Just mt $0.02.

Reactions: Creedence85
Z51 Performance Package adds:

- Z51 Performance Brakes (slightly larger than non-Z51, minor appearance change)
- Z51 Performance Suspension - stiffer, less comfortable than non-Z51
- performance exhaust (available without Z51)
- performance rear axle ratio - will make 0% difference to anyone who only drives on public roads. If anything, worse fuel efficiency
- Electronic Limited Slip (non-Z51 has a mechanical limited-slip - you won't notice the difference on public roads)
- Z51 rear spoiler (will be available as a dealer-installed option in the future)
- Front splitter (again, will be available later)
- Summer Tires.

If you never track or autocross your car, why would you spend $4,500 ($5,900 - $1400 for performance exhaust) on what, to anyone looking at your car, would be a rear spoiler and front splitter?

Edited to add: Yes, you can get magnetic ride control with the Z51 and not without, but, again, if you only ever drive your car on public roads, the standard suspension is equivalent to mag ride on the softest setting - basically what you'll only ever really need to use.

EJ as always a great insite. Do you think that the Z51 lets say in 2 yrs of ownership would increase resale...if the owner was looking to upgrade to the next generation?

I would say that the Z51 would retain the value of the added cost. I do understand that there is a whole "It's not a Corvette unless it's Z51" mentality for some people, but we find a lot of people really could care less. We haven't sold a single C7 Stingray with Z51.

If I were a guessing man, I would say that Z51 would retain value until the Grand Sport comes out.

Just my $0.02.

I did ponder whether to Z51 or not.

I consider it a bargain upgrade package and so do about 90% of the early buyers.

As well as MRC is the ability to easily adjust ride height.

In the back of my mind was the possibility that I might decide to swap into a convertible, and having Z51 would make it more trade able. I doubt that most of the Z51's sold around here will ever see a track. Perhaps it's just the perception, rather than reality.

I did ponder whether to Z51 or not.

I consider it a bargain upgrade package and so do about 90% of the early buyers.

As well as MRC is the ability to easily adjust ride height.

In the back of my mind was the possibility that I might decide to swap into a convertible, and having Z51 would make it more trade able. I doubt that most of the Z51's sold around here will ever see a track. Perhaps it's just the perception, rather than reality.

The C8 Corvette comes with fully adjustable suspension - including ride height - without the Z51 or MRC.

If you get the front lift system, the ride height is not adjustable.

After reading the comments above I would buy, the Z51 since the extra is probably not that much when you consider getting certain performance attributes on the C8 seperately. Now here is some other points to consider. In the case of the C6 Z51 was a better car from the base such as larger vented discs, the Npps (performance exhaust) was $1,500Cdn, each side (dealer cost), also the Z51 has the vacuum set up already where as the non-Z51 didn't. Someone also mentioned the possible GS which became a better car than the Z51 which it replaced. Granted this is discussing history but it may repeat it self. Now just a heads up Michelin tires, buy them from Costco, they are considerably less expensive but you will have to get them mounted elsewhere if you are going with the EMT's better do it anyway, you don't want the rims damaged.

Reactions: OttawaKev
The Z51 ELSD is a great item and I would get the package just for that. I have a C7 with the Z51. I paid for the NPP and deleted it when I changed the exhaust. The package also had the better shocks and I replaced those with LG coilovers. Eventually I will replace the brakes with AP. The extra cost of the Z51 was not a good decision for me, other then the quicker gear ratio and the ELSD, the rest was a waste. If I get the C8, no Z51, lighter weight and I will modify some of the OEM parts, eg. exhaust, brakes. I don't need the extra cooling.

The reason why is because the Z51 is a track performance package. You don't run all-season tires on the track. If you wanted the all-seasons and never track your car, why spend the $5,900?

Just mt $0.02.
Agreed. There aren't enough people that would want all seasons on the Z51 so it doesn't make sense. Although, I have a Z51, I don't track my car, I just wanted the the shorter gears, increased cooling, and better handling, just sayin', and if I were ordering a C8 I would probably opt for the Z51 for the same reason. The PS4S tires that will come on the Z51 are arguably one of the best road tires you can so they will be amazing in summer and wet driving. If you had to have all seasons and the Z51, I'm sure your dealer could arrange to swap them with another car. Also, you might find other Corvette owners looking for tires that would buy your PS4Ss.

Agreed. There aren't enough people that would want all seasons on the Z51 so it doesn't make sense. Although, I have a Z51, I don't track my car, I just wanted the the shorter gears, increased cooling, and better handling, just sayin', and if I were ordering a C8 I would probably opt for the Z51 for the same reason. The PS4S tires that will come on the Z51 are arguably one of the best road tires you can so they will be amazing in summer and wet driving. If you had to have all seasons and the Z51, I'm sure your dealer could arrange to swap them with another car. Also, you might find other Corvette owners looking for tires that would buy your PS4Ss.
more desirable when it comes to trade/sell
...similar to amg with sp.exhast, 911 with sp.chrono pkg...etc....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.