No surprise on the Zeus Bronze but I was expecting more Accelerate Yellows. The number of black cars seems low. I don't know if the author of the article is correct when he states that 536 orders of the C8 make this a safe bet statistically-speaking, that it will be representative of the entire run of ~30,000. Who knows how many 2020 C8's will be made now, but presumably there are about 30,000 ordered and 536 is less than 1.8% of the hoped for run of 30,000, which means it's not statistically significant and can be skewed by many factors such as buyer preferences in the area where the dealer is located or the fact that these were the early buyers. Depending upon how many 2020 C8's are ultimately made, we may have to wait for the 2021 C8 stats, to truly know how the buying market views the C8 colors.

For 2019, the most popular colors for the C7 were white then black then red. For 2018, it was the same. I suspect more black C8's will happen and it might result in the same red/white/black color preferences, but time will tell since it's a different looking car than the C7.

No surprise on the Zeus Bronze but I was expecting more Accelerate Yellows. The number of black cars seems low. I don't know if the author of the article is correct when he states that 536 orders of the C8 make this a safe bet statistically-speaking, that it will be representative of the entire run of ~30,000. Who knows how many 2020 C8's will be made now, but presumably there are about 30,000 ordered and 536 is less than 1.8% of the hoped for run of 30,000, which means it's not statistically significant and can be skewed by many factors such as buyer preferences in the area where the dealer is located or the fact that these were the early buyers. Depending upon how many 2020 C8's are ultimately made, we may have to wait for the 2021 C8 stats, to truly know how the buying market views the C8 colors.

For 2019, the most popular colors for the C7 were white then black then red. For 2018, it was the same. I suspect more black C8's will happen and it might result in the same red/white/black color preferences, but time will tell since it's a different looking car than the C7.
Don't get carried away with the math: 30K have not been produced; so, calculate using what you know. Whether it is statistically significant or not, would be another question ?and perhaps, irrelevant? The post was not meant to use the data for anything other than a pure numbers comparison: of all the cars ordered, which were the most popular colors - period. You must be an analytical/analytical (social styles classification used in marketing). I worked in a field were you had to understand statistics: "lies, damn lies and statics" - basically you take the numbers selectively and add powder to a weak result and, conversely make a weak result look good. Then, if you want to go further , using your hypothesis, you inject the concept of probability to make predictions to substantiate your statement of facts used in your calculations. Okay: I am being facetious!!:blackalien:

Whoa. Sorry for my post/perspective. It wasn't a personal dig at you but rather a commentary on the article. If you took it otherwise, I'll apologize but I thought this was a Forum where we could express our views hopefully for the benefit of others. I appreciated your reference to an on-topic C8 article (thanks). Perhaps I've taken your post incorrectly but your mention of "irrelevant" "take the numbers selectively" "making a weak result look good", all before your "facetious" end line, lead me to that conclusion.

Whoa. Sorry for my post/perspective. It wasn't a personal dig at you but rather a commentary on the article. If you took it otherwise, I'll apologize but I thought this was a Forum where we could express our views hopefully for the benefit of others. I appreciated your reference to an on-topic C8 article (thanks). Perhaps I've taken your post incorrectly but your mention of "irrelevant" "take the numbers selectively" "making a weak result look good", all before your "facetious" end line, lead me to that conclusion.
No problem man! I did not mean to be so flippant at all. I got carried away because your commentary was so serious for such a mundane topic. Hey, no apology required - I was trying to be humorous; but, obviously, I failed. Have a great day!!:Cheers2:

ColorCount
Torch Red131
Arctic White70
Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic57
Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat (+$995)44
Blade Silver Metallic39
Rapid Blue (+$500)35
Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic33
Black31
Sebring Orange Tintcoat (+$995)30
Shadow Gray Metallic29
Accelerate Yellow Metallic (+$500)19
Zeus Bronze18
Total536

I think Torch red is the Ferrari influence. Also the demographic for the C8 has been skewed somewhat to the younger side which may be colouring the statistics also.
Above commentary was all in fun! :p
Good points! Yes, all in fun. I need to work on my humor though; so, it is more obvious - LOL!! Definitely a lot of first time corvette buyers are younger.

Reactions: ABC
From Chevrolet.ca;
Premium

Ceramic Matrix Grey Metallic
$995
Ceramic Matrix Grey Metallic

Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic
$995
Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic

Shadow Grey Metallic
$995
Shadow Grey Metallic

Zeus Bronze Metallic
$995
Zeus Bronze Metallic

Accelerate Yellow Metallic
$995
Accelerate Yellow Metallic

Rapid Blue
$995
Rapid Blue

Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat
$1,495
Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat

Sebring Orange Tintcoat
$1,495

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread