Do you like the C8 and will you consider getting one?

• Yes - Already put a deposit

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Yes - 2020 here I come

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Yes - Will wait for Z06, ZR1 or GS

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Yes - Will wait for 2021+

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Not sure - wait and see

Votes: 26 38.2%
  • Me No Likey

Votes: 9 13.2%

• Total voters
Have you even driven a C7?
A base car? GS or Z06? Unlikely a ZR1.
C6 to C7 is night and day difference. Ya I’ve owned them both. C6Z and 2 C7Zs
Lots of guys are thrilled with an anticipated price drop in the C7s to get into one for less.
About the most senseless post I’ve read in a while.
Hopefully your boxes get checked ya. Remember you get what you pay for.
Whenever someone is disappointed by a niche car, I often wonder if they are using or experiencing it as intended, ie. a person wants a sports car, but in reality wants something with normal car comfort, luxury, and visibility, but with some image. Or a person who wants a classic car but expects the comfort, driving dynamics, and turn key reliability of a modern car. I don't have the depreciation numbers but I wouldn't be surprised if Corvettes have lower depreciation percentage than a lot of other cars in their class, as well as most normal cars. Each generation Corvette has been a good jump forward uet the bottom doesn't see to fall out as a result, as each previous generation is still appreciated by those who have them, become a better value to new buyers.

Whenever someone is disappointed by a niche car, I often wonder if they are using or experiencing it as intended, ie. a person wants a sports car, but in reality wants something with normal car comfort, luxury, and visibility, but with some image. Or a person who wants a classic car but expects the comfort, driving dynamics, and turn key reliability of a modern car. I don't have the depreciation numbers but I wouldn't be surprised if Corvettes have lower depreciation percentage than a lot of other cars in their class, as well as most normal cars. Each generation Corvette has been a good jump forward uet the bottom doesn't see to fall out as a result, as each previous generation is still appreciated by those who have them, become a better value to new buyers.

Very well stated. 🥂

Reactions: Creedence85 and BDK
I think it was classy that Chevrolet used the opportunity to recognize the anniversary of the moon landing. While it was a marketing ploy, it was well done, and it WAS the anniversary after all. Seems like a natural fit, though I was like everyone else.. "Get to the car!". I really like the C8. I've always wanted a McClaren and maybe with the C8, I can get one for 1/2 the price.

If there is one general thing Corvette owners are, it's traditionalists. So I can understand a lot of people not liking the change. It's the same with the manual gear box. I've had manual sports cars for my last four cars, but after driving a rental Corvette and a Ferrari on the track at Disney World with paddles, I wondered if an auto with paddles was just as good or better for me. It allows you to focus on driving the car with both hands on the wheel. Taking off from a standstill and just hanging on for dear life is a bit easier with the paddles.

.....been looking at the pics posted here, I only see the ugliest Vette ever made. I'm the 61'st to vote out of over 3600 members here so that shows not much interest in the car. 2 halves of something welded together out of proportion . Bug catcher front end, have fun on your knees cleaning that one . People think my ugly 93 Rosie is a Camaro , from the posts I see people think the new Vette is still a Camaro from the back, way to go GM . Only thing I can say I approve of is that the exhaust pipes are moved from the dune buggy / organ style center to the outside but they should be a one piece rectangular tip something like the early C3 or what is on my Rosie . The steering wheel design I understand why they did that but it reminds me of the more ugly square dodge one of the early 60's . Now that wide consul , is that long row of switches for the passenger to figure out since it is over center on the pass side ? With 2days distracted driving laws I think the driver not only needs glasses but some luck trying to see and figure out what he is pressing. And no gear shifter to hang on to. Auto or std I know most guys like to have their hand on the shifter , that feel you are connected to the car and in control,....so the std is gone too I see , I never like stds and wouldn't have one but I know many of you guys love 'em and are not happy with no more std tranny. They did it in 1982 also , but brought it back in 84 so maybe they can figure something out later. The performance doesn't attract me so that is not a factor in buying one if I was to do so. The looks is what I go for in a car, and to me this is a car made to look like a european something , side scoops just turn me off. Sorry GM, I have been a loyal buyer builder for many years, but this is the ugliest creation yet . My Rosie is actually starting to look a little better to me now after seeing the new C8. When a C3 goes down the highway everyone knows that is a Vette, this thing if noticed people will only guess maybe this or that or just another Camaro .
This post is only my opinion and not intended to flame anyone elses view of the C8.

• Winner
Reactions: ddgermann