Do you like the C8 and will you consider getting one?

• Yes - Already put a deposit

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Yes - 2020 here I come

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Yes - Will wait for Z06, ZR1 or GS

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Yes - Will wait for 2021+

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Not sure - wait and see

Votes: 26 38.2%
  • Me No Likey

Votes: 9 13.2%

• Total voters
I guess I mostly like the look. The marketing spiel was over the top with astronauts and moon rocket launches, etc. They seemed desperate to convince us that they were taking the next logical direction based on the evolution of technology through brave and forward thinking engineering. I think most of us get the point that a mid engine allows for more track and race stability and control. In the end it appears that they took the C7 and morphed it with the Ferrari 488. It's certainly not an original look but most mid engine cars have only got so much design potential anyhow based on engineering limitations. Anyhow, 0-60 in under 3 seconds, 2 golf bags and starting at $60K US - what's not to like? Well, no standard transmission for one thing. It certainly is the car for the future and younger generation and I'm assuming they will do very well at IMSA against Ferraris, Ford GT's, etc.

I get the impression that the under $70,000.00 Cdn base price is a bit of a "wow" leader to get you to start your order... Adding the performance items and some bling and I'm hedging you will push $100k pretty hard. Don't get me wrong as compared to the cars in this class though, it is still a bargain. I'm definately a 'not sure - wait and see'. Not to say I won't change my mind, and the new tech impresses the hell out of me but I'm not sure the euro look fits where my head is at. JMHO...Maybe I need a crisis....lol....

The marketing was a bit over the top. I think the overall design is pretty decent with some nice and refined touches. The improved Pdr, roof blind spot camera and front end lift are great features. The interior is also looking quite modern and performance driven. I guess the rear end will grow on people and may get changed in the coming years. The performance aspect is there and will empress for sure at that price. First impression I give it a B+. I like the blue one!

I loved it!

Looks fantastic on TV, in person it will only be great.
Not a true convertible but I guess it could be called a "spyder"?
Holds two sets of clubs.
Priced to sell.

I will be checking on a trade when one arrives at The Chevy farm.

Reactions: ddgermann and Dub
I quite like it. my only criticism is it seems a little "busy".

Yes, I would consider buying, the price is really attractive. And the reality is I have only so many years left to make insane decisions. I'm sure this is going to make it really hard to sell the new Supra.

Also its nice to see more choices in color and in the interior. I'll have to see the inside in person to come to grips with the "rail of buttons".

I must confess during the reveal (painful) I went on the US site and read the totally politically incorrect comments...yes I did laugh.

Any idea on when there will be one in the Toronto area?

Reactions: ddgermann
I'm in the category of "If I could - I would" but I can't afford it either so I didn't vote. Seriously though, that thing is.....in a word.....amazing! And this is the base model, so I can't even begin to imagine how much I'm going to like the Z06, ZR1, GS versions of this C8.
So if I was able to get one I would vote "Yes - Will wait for Z06, ZR1 or GS" which hopefully would be 2021 or 2022 after some of the kinks are worked out of the total redesign.

The absolute most disappointing item of the C8 so far is that there is no mention of a manual gear box!
I've actually read two articles now that indicate that the DCT is the only option and that a Manual gearbox
would not be available. Is not having a manual gear box going to be a deal breaker for certain folks...
for me it would be as driving with a manual gear box is half the fun. :-(

I'm impressed. Can I buy one now? No. Would I? Yes! The end of the unveiling showed whats coming and saw some flashes of convertibles and other goodies. Going to review in slow motion to see if there are any hints. I think GM played this well. Don't sell the farm but start the process. Now they can continue for several years to add the models, convertible, Z06, GS, ZR1, AWD, Hybrid. Endless possibilities. And to have this car be close the the current ZR1 in acceleration is nuts, sheer nuts! The mileage will probably be pretty good as well.
Give it a couple of years for the convertible to be out then when people are trading in their "base" Z51 convertibles Ill definitely look at that gorgeous blue! unless they have an eletric orange!

I guess I mostly like the look. The marketing spiel was over the top with astronauts and moon rocket launches, etc. They seemed desperate to convince us that they were taking the next logical direction based on the evolution of technology through brave and forward thinking engineering. I think most of us get the point that a mid engine allows for more track and race stability and control. In the end it appears that they took the C7 and morphed it with the Ferrari 488. It's certainly not an original look but most mid engine cars have only got so much design potential anyhow based on engineering limitations. Anyhow, 0-60 in under 3 seconds, 2 golf bags and starting at $60K US - what's not to like? Well, no standard transmission for one thing. It certainly is the car for the future and younger generation and I'm assuming they will do very well at IMSA against Ferraris, Ford GT's, etc.
You are not a marketing person - my forte - very good job IMHO. An amazing car with awesome features for a fraction of the price of an Italian stallion. This will be a big winner, I believe. All F1 cars are DCT - why? Quicker, more responsive and a hell of a lot of fun: I put mine in M mode and hit the paddle shifters - love it!!! Hey, I love your quote - my sentiment exactly - let the hair blow!!!

You are not a marketing person - my forte - very good job IMHO. An amazing car with awesome features for a fraction of the price of an Italian stallion. This will be a big winner, I believe. All F1 cars are DCT - why? Quicker, more responsive and a hell of a lot of fun: I put mine in M mode and hit the paddle shifters - love it!!! Hey, I love your quote - my sentiment exactly - let the hair blow!!!

Well some of us just prefer the manual transmission.
We all buy these cars with our own expectations and I shake my head at people that tell me why I should prefer something with a track perspective and 10ths of a second in advantages. 90% (rough guess) of Corvettes never see a track.
I specifically had my car trailered in from across the country because that is where the car I wanted with a manual transmission was.
Not knocking the DCT and yes we all know F1 uses them exclusively. However I’m not driving in F1 and how often is the great advantage of the DCT going to mean anything on the street?
Some people who are driving in public places and roads just enjoy rowing the gears. As it requires a certain level of skill and connects them to the car, thus enhances the experience. I’m one of them.... and far from alone in this sentiment.

I’m not a marketing person but I know what I like and expect from a car. GM did a very good job rolling out the C8; but with no Manual option I will be hesitant to spend the money for something that I may end up having to tolerate.

I suppose this all points to the younger customers GM is targeting with the ME platform.

I too am a marketing person. I was in the market for an owners manual. Anyone got one? Good one Spence! :Biggrin:

Perhaps I am getting old, perhaps I just lack the enthusiasm for not just the C8 but all the ME cars. To me they all look the same, scoops and swoops and maybe a name badge or not. Can't tell one from the other. I can tell the difference between a C7 and a Miata (unless it is really loaded up with race inspired equipment, then it gets confusing). There is nothing about this car that to me says "Corvette".

Like Derek says some people just like a manual transmission that is fully explained in the owners manual. The automatics maybe quicker, higher tech but the manual doesn't do weird things that the manufacture cannot figure out why.

Yep I am getting old. But and bet the C8 will get old quickly as well.

I too am a marketing person. I was in the market for an owners manual. Anyone got one? Good one Spence! :Biggrin:

Perhaps I am getting old, perhaps I just lack the enthusiasm for not just the C8 but all the ME cars. To me they all look the same, scoops and swoops and maybe a name badge or not. Can't tell one from the other. I can tell the difference between a C7 and a Miata (unless it is really loaded up with race inspired equipment, then it gets confusing). There is nothing about this car that to me says "Corvette".

Like Derek says some people just like a manual transmission that is fully explained in the owners manual. The automatics maybe quicker, higher tech but the manual doesn't do weird things that the manufacture cannot figure out why.

Yep I am getting old. But and bet the C8 will get old quickly as well.

My thought is that GM may hopefully decide to eventually release a manual version in the years to come. I can't imagine how much time, effort and money was invested to redesign and build a mid engine car, especially for the money this thing will cost. Overall they did a very decent job. I believe they simply did not have enough time to make this thing be perfect for everyone. Like many of the past Corvettes, there were so many styling and option changes throughout the generations, just look at how many changes were made to the C3 throughout it's time from 68-82. We all know over time the ZO6 and ZR1 or Zora versions will be built. My hopes are that the manual transmission will eventually be brought back as a special order, and that the rear end becomes a little more cutting edge and exciting in design. I can already imagine a hybrid gas/electric version also with this platform. Overall, cudos to Corvette for stepping out of the box and building a car that will be exciting to drive. Looking forward to what the future brings. Until then lets drive the hell out of our front engine beasts!