Jan 24, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette Sting
Province
ON
I've only had my C8 for 6 days now, and still getting used to the differences from the C7, and yes, I've read the Owners Manual as I always do to try and learn as much as possible.....A couple of questions for current owners:
1) when you start the car, does it always default to Touring Mode, and you just have to change it to whatever you want after it starts or can you set a default of you choice which allows it to remain there?
2) In car Wi-fi.....Wondering if the Wi-fi can be shut off so your phone doesn't automatically connect to the Wifi which will eat up your Data when you don't necessarily need it all the time?? I know I can shut off the wifi on my phone, but would rather control it from the car.....
Appreciate any insight....
thanks

I've only had my C8 for 6 days now, and still getting used to the differences from the C7, and yes, I've read the Owners Manual as I always do to try and learn as much as possible.....A couple of questions for current owners:
1) when you start the car, does it always default to Touring Mode, and you just have to change it to whatever you want after it starts or can you set a default of you choice which allows it to remain there?
Yes, unless you use myMode. Then it defaults to myMode
2) In car Wi-fi.....Wondering if the Wi-fi can be shut off so your phone doesn't automatically connect to the Wifi which will eat up your Data when you don't necessarily need it all the time?? I know I can shut off the wifi on my phone, but would rather control it from the car.....
Appreciate any insight....
thanks
Are you talking about OnStar? Then no, I don't think so, but mine is a 2020 and I don't have onStar

Yes, unless you use myMode. Then it defaults to myMode

Are you talking about OnStar? Then no, I don't think so, but mine is a 2020 and I don't have onStar
thanks Murray....
good to know about My Mode can be a default....

regarding Wifi, No, I just noticed when I start the car, my phone automatically connects to the Wifi hotspot in the car instead of just staying on the Cell phone Data, so basically burning through my Vette GB Data that I only have free for 3 yrs or 72 GB, which ever comes 1st....I'd rather just use my cell phone DataPlan I pay for and use my Vette Data Plan when I need it.....

thanks Murray....
good to know about My Mode can be a default....
BTW, if you hit the Zmode button at any time, it will again default to tour. Which is a pity really. I'd prefer it to always be myMode and make the Zmode button be a MyMode button instead.

Reactions: butsy
You can make “Z” mode anything you want already…
But then you have to hit it! It defaults to either mymode or tour when restarted depending on where it was left when shut off. If left in MyMode it will start in MyMode. If left in Zmode it starts in tour

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.